Anyone know anything about American Classic Agency ?

Re: Anyone know anything about American Classic Agency???

Hey Sir,

Thanks for clearing up the whole ACA issue. I know its an old thread that I read.. from about August of last year.

At first I was quite distraught about what Somorco was saying THANKFULLY you cleared everything up.

I'm about to join ACA. I'm doing a little bit of research on the company and I wanted to ask you one thing.

How has your experience been thus far? Since August specifically?

I really hope you reply.

Thanks,

From Miami

Rabbi,

With all respect due clergy, from your posts it sounds like you've been involved in every insurance marketing system known to man. Off the top-of-my-head, haven't you been with;

- NAA
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Florida
- Health Benefits Direct
- blah, blah, blah

Did I miss any?

Are there any you haven't tried out?

And your point is what? To put me down? It won't work.
:cool:

Hey Sir, Thanks for clearing up the whole ACA issue. I know its an old thread that I read.. from about August of last year. At first I was quite distraught about what Somorco was saying THANKFULLY you cleared everything up. I'm about to join ACA. I'm doing a little bit of research on the company and I wanted to ask you one thing.
How has your experience been thus far? Since August specifically? I really hope you reply. Thanks, From Miami

Wildlatino, sorry for being so long to reply to this posting. Somarco is just blowing smoke about something he knows nothing about. But, on the forum, we are used to that. My experience is this: I have no complaints about ACA. Its a reputable company with good relationships with good carriers. I am not an marketing-organization kool-aid drinker and my affiliation with ACA is only part of my business. Feel free to ask specific questions or email me, if you'd like.

worked with them briefly didn't care for their non system email [email protected] for more information and possible opportunity

Hmmmm.... Two posts and you are advertising your email for a possible "opportunity". Yep...that's credible.:no:

You didn't care for their "non-system". Strange. I've been affiliated with them since back in the Fall of '07 and have never seen or heard of their "non-system".

I am a manager with American Classic Agency (ACA) and have been with ACA since it began operating in January 1995. I invite anyone to investigate our company and reach his or her own conclusions. However, I caution relying on some of the postings appearing on this site, especially from Somarco. I have read Somarco's postings. Either Somarco is mistaken because he or she is greatly misinformed or else it is being done intentionally. FYI, saying ACA is an spinoff of NAA is as accurate as saying that Great Britain is a spinoff of the United States. NAA was formed by three former ACA managers about 6 years ago. Should you wish to learn about NAA, you should visit their website or speak with someone at that company. The same is true for ACA. I would invite anyone with a serious interest in learning about ACA to contact me or visit our website (Welcome to American Classic Agency).

It is at the very least unethical for anyone to disparage any company, especially if the disparagement is the result of completely inaccurate information. A good salesperson spends his or her time explaining why a prospect should do business with him or her, not why the prospect should not do business with one of his or her competitors. Again, I invite anyone, including Somarco, to contact me, should you wish to obtain factual information about ACA. ACA is a wonderful company which looks out for the agent. That is why so many agents and managers who have joined ACA have remained with ACA for years and years and years. I suggest we must be doing something right.

It is at the very least unethical for anyone to disparage any company, especially if the disparagement is the result of completely inaccurate information. A good salesperson spends his or her time explaining why a prospect should do business with him or her, not why the prospect should not do business with one of his or her competitors.

That is a little bit of a lecturette. In the real world, agents have an extremely limited number of months or years before they either make it or succumb to failure. One of the very best things that agents can do for each other is to keep someone from getting involved with shlock companies that will burn up a year of their life getting in and getting out and leave them too broken down financially to recover and make it in the business -so it is entirely proper and useful for agents to engage in exchanging that kind of information, however imperfect it may be.

You impugned Somarco's ethics for his comments. At the same time, it should be remembered that NAA was created by people who learned the business and values and ethics from your company and then went out on their own. That's your problem and your cross to bear, not his. Friends do not let friends drive drunk and friends do not let friends join companies that spawn NAA type companies without waving a flag.

That does not disagree in any way with anyone here who says that your company can pass the smell test when looked at in detail, only that the reason that there needs to be a smell test is because historically you have given rise to NAA type characters, not because of the ethics of folks here.

Winter

That is a little bit of a lecturette. In the real world, agents have an extremely limited number of months or years before they either make it or succumb to failure. One of the very best things that agents can do for each other is to keep someone from getting involved with shlock companies that will burn up a year of their life getting in and getting out and leave them too broken down financially to recover and make it in the business -so it is entirely proper and useful for agents to engage in exchanging that kind of information, however imperfect it may be......Winter

That is a very good point. These forums can save us all a lot of grief and it is up to each one of us to share the good, the bad, and the ugly.

Barry Clarkston, Phil Hudgens and Andy Albright of NAA started with Jerry Policastro and ACA. When ACA took on LSW, they ran into some conflict with F&G. That gave Barry, Phil and Andy the chance to spin off with a chunk of the organization and create NAA on a very similar model.

Without a doubt they both have their faults, but each can be a good place for an agent to start. If you like that kind of model and product, you may find a long term home. If not, you have at least learned about the market and can then venture out on your own.

The success a person experiences in this business is based more upon that person than it is on the model they particiapte in. You can take your experiences and continue to grow and excel as you find the right match with your goals, personality and ambition.

I am not a member of either organization and have nothing to gain by promoting or disparaging either agency.

The bottom line is just go do something and do a lot of it.

Back