Are There Any Faith-based Christian IMO/FMO's

I've been cheated twice in business. Both of those two people spent a lot of time talking about their faith, god, god this, god that. Any time I hear people promoting their beliefs and religion, I run.

One of the most decent, generous, and wonderful human beings I ever met was very religious. He unfortunately died a few years ago. I can't stress enough what a wonderful person this guy was. He would give and give. Then give more. And very religious. And he kept very quiet about it unless I, or someone else asked.

That's the way to be.

Matthew: 6:2
Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
And we should not be beating people across the head with our beliefs.. Peter wrote to the church: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect,...

I know many wonderful giving Christians who are very successful business people/salesmen. But they don't use their faith in their marketing and sales efforts. The ones I have run across who do fall into two categories: 1. utter snakes, tons of talk about their faith if it will make them a sale, little to no scruples in their actual business dealings. 2. Clueless naïve people who think that Christian people want to buy from other Christians even if their product sucks or they don't know what they are talking about (usually something that a snake they have signed up under has convinced them works)

Beware the "Christian businessman". If they have a fish on their business card or advertise "Christian-owned" run away, FAST!!!!

If you have a fish on your business card and don't fall into one of those two categories, you might want to rethink your strategy.

I grew up in West Michigan, which is a "Bible Belt of the North" area, dominated by one particular denomination.

In the 70s/80s it was not uncommon to see businesses labeling themselves as "Christian" and I expect that for some people (e.g., insurance guys marketing themselves to a community), that may have been table stakes to succeed with a large segment of the local population.

Even though I'm a devout Christian, I'm also an American and some spheres just feel wrong when the cross, like business and religion.

Back