B2B Telemarketing Scrpt

I am looking for a good script to use for telemarketing to small business owners. I recently hired a telemarketer who I need a good script for. I am trying to get in the door with either life, health or disability. All suggestions are appreciated.

"Hi, my name is Vicky and I'm calling from the ABC Agency. I'm calling to let you know that you could save 30% or more on your health insurance plan. We offer free quotes for the top carriers like Blue Cross, Aetna, Time and United Healthcare. Do you currently have a group or individual plan?"

Prospect: "We have group"
Marketer: "Do you have employees on the plan?"
Prospect: "yes"
Marker: "bye bye"

Prospect: "Yes, I have my own plan
Marketer: "Then I'd like to offer you free quotes and you may be able to save a significant amount of money. All I need is your home zip code and age."
Prospect: "My zip is 21113, I'm 52 and my wife is 45."
Marketer: "No problem. What plan and rate do you currently have?"
Prospect: "Right now we have Blue Cross and I think we're paying around $500 a month."
Marketer: "Ok, I have everything I need. We'll make sure you get all the information within 24 hours Joe Smith, the agency owner, will follow up with you to go over what's available. Let me give you our agency's number in case you want any immediate questions - 412******* Do you have any questions?"

This is great I appreciate the prompt response. Does anyone have anything for life or would it be a better idea to get my foot in the door with health and cross sell?

This is great I appreciate the prompt response. Does anyone have anything for life or would it be a better idea to get my foot in the door with health and cross sell?

Exactly. My target is small business and self-employed folks.

I go in with the health insurance, it is a demand-type product. Once I have a new client, I've got an excellent life insurance and/or DI prospect - and I've got the u/w info to make sure it's worth my time.

Had my telemarketer start today. Not too happy with results. After calling all day (approximately 120 calls) she generated 2 leads. 1 was a business owner that was no longer in business and could not afford health insurance, the other said he would have his wife call us back for the quote and "he sounded interested".

I hope tomorrow is better. Does anyone have any comments on goleads.com? That's who I'm using to call on business owners but according to my telemarketer, many of the numbers are disconected. Maybe its hust my luck.:skeptical:

Had my telemarketer start today. Not too happy with results. After calling all day (approximately 120 calls) she generated 2 leads. 1 was a business owner that was no longer in business and could not afford health insurance, the other said he would have his wife call us back for the quote and "he sounded interested".

I hope tomorrow is better. Does anyone have any comments on goleads.com? That's who I'm using to call on business owners but according to my telemarketer, many of the numbers are disconected. Maybe its hust my luck.:skeptical:

So many variables...

goleads.com is what, $9.95 a month? What did you expect for that price?

What has been your personal experience dealing with goleads?

B2B telemarketing for life? That's tough if you're straight up asking for a life insurance sale. You'll be much more successful leading with health than with life. Since you are asking for a B2B tele script, here's an idea:

Offer a "life insurance audit" or a free review to make sure they are getting the most benefit per dollar...something along the lines of:

"Have you ever thought of auditing your life insurance?

Performing an audit of your life insurance will result in 1 of 3 outcomes?
1.You will discover you are under-insured.
2. You will discover you can get more coverage for the same price or the same coverage for less.
3. You will discover everything is in order.

As a life insurance broker, I'm not bias to any company and can provide an objective view of your current life insurance...."

yada yada yada...

The only suggestion I have is be careful with the word "audit." I picture a prolonged, drawn out, time wasting process. Maybe "review."

Back