Bankers Life & Casualty

You beat me to it.... eerily like the DateLine NBC "exposure" of Allianz isn't it?

Almost the same at UA, MEGA, NAA, etc. Those trainers drive sales, which the company loves.... until the ship hits the sand. Then they fire them and claim they didn't know what was going on.

The sad part is these "trainers" (sales managers) always find another place to practice their "art".

I have become very keen to the words and attitudes that these stinkers operate with. You will find them just about anywhere. Many start up their own agencies... then recruit newbies.

A disaster in the making.

Last edited:
I like how the supposed "advocate for the elderly" agreed that no 73 yr old should own an annuity. Ridiculous. I guess they should have it all in stock?

Kills the credibility of the entire "expose".

Dude,
First - do a search on Bankers here and you will probably get your answer.
Second - In 90% of those posts, you will see advice to give Frank a call. Do that.

I thought it would be a good idea to jump aboard with one of those "career agent" companies at first too. And I did. There is a reason they have a high turnover of agents and are constantly taking on anyone who can fog a mirror. You will quickly find that the ones with integrity leave and the ones without stay.

In most cases - it's just not what's best for the client and you will get real training and understanding from Frank, and the Medicare and You Book, and Choosing a Medigap Policy.

If you do sell something and decide to leave you won't just owe them your debit balance, but you will have to pay back ALL of your commissions if you leave within a certain peroid of time. I did, and that sucked. I chalked it down to Continuing Education Expense and lesson well learned.

There is no reason to only have one company in your bag. Especially one that is extremely overpriced. ( at least they are here ) You will only sell friends, relatives, and ignorant seniors not knowing the difference. Your job as an agent is to Educate them on the difference, Explain Medicare to them and make the best recommendation for them. Almost 100% of the time, Bankers is not it.

Skip the headache and expense and call Frank. Pay for his training and listen to him. You can't go wrong if you want to sell Med Supps.

SoKyBrian

My info is dated by 10 years so things might have changed.

If you leave befor year 7 you are not vested in any renewals, and if a policy chargesback after you leave they do not allow renewals to pay it off since you are not entitled to them.

My branch had a requirement at the time to appoint 36 new agents a year...note the word appoint there was no requirement on how many needed to last a year...I came on board in October after I had been there a month I found the list of people appointed by date for 1999 the year I appointed I needed to get to August before I found someone still with the company in November. The managers at my branch BSM, USM and the ADAs all had to focus on recruiting and left training to a one week cram course and then having you do joint work with another agent, In every instance the other agent was another yer one agent as the other agents would not do joint work so after 4 months with Bankers I was training new agents.

My state had 2 branch offices and during the required monthly meetings I head over and over about an agent from the other office coming into one of our houses tearing up the existing agents card saying they where not with the company any longer and rewriting the business...the company does not care and I agree with the protecting an agent that gets ink on paper but lieing to consumers is where I draw the line.

So after 4 months I got a call from NYL and jumped ship

So that was the bad...

For the good I did learn about LTC, Med Supps, Life Insurance and some other things while there.

DS4, Thanks so much for sharing that video. I think it says it all. This is why a forum like this is so essential and valuable to new agents. Thanks again guys for all this important information. I am now headed in the right direction.

DS4, Thanks so much for sharing that video. I think it says it all. This is why a forum like this is so essential and valuable to new agents. Thanks again guys for all this important information. I am now headed in the right direction.
Ditto that! great video DS4.
Go to ritter's web site do a mock quote for a senior in your zip code. If you don't see the company listed forget about it! They are over priced.
Ritter Insurance Marketing - Home It is free to sign up.

Back