Bankers Life Quote/question

I have been up against Bankers life on many occasions. When they think they can not complete on a level playing field they will quote UL prices and not disclose the difference. I have ran across that 4 or 5 times within the past 6 months. There is a lot of Bankers life activity in Michigan. They normally work in pairs as one of them is always being trained. They hire people with no experience at all. Most of their agents are new to the business and will do whatever it takes to sell a policy, i.e. cheat steel lie or mislead etc. Of course I would probably do the same thing if I had a manager calling me every night wanting to know how many I wrote that day. And when he doesn't like what he hears he will browbeat you to death!

It usually takes about three months for them to determine their fate. If they can't sell they leave the business. If they can sell they get smart and go elsewhere for better products and more money.

I have been up against Bankers life on many occasions. When they think they can not complete on a level playing field they will quote UL prices and not disclose the difference. I have ran across that 4 or 5 times within the past 6 months. There is a lot of Bankers life activity in Michigan. They normally work in pairs as one of them is always being trained. They hire people with no experience at all. Most of their agents are new to the business and will do whatever it takes to sell a policy, i.e. cheat steel lie or mislead etc. Of course I would probably do the same thing if I had a manager calling me every night wanting to know how many I wrote that day. And when he doesn't like what he hears he will browbeat you to death!

It usually takes about three months for them to determine their fate. If they can't sell they leave the business. If they can sell they get smart and go elsewhere for better products and more money.

I keep hearing this about Banker's and it seemed company wide. The odd this that both Banker's and Washington National are owned by Conseco but WN does not have the same culture as BL.

The other thing Bankers is known for is selling a $5,000 policy with a $5,000 AD rider and leading them to believe they have $10,000 worth of whole life coverage.

It happens more often than not. Most of the time when they pull their policy out they have half the coverage they think they do. Has a tendency to make them want to replace their policy even more.

If you run into a bad bankers agent look up their info on the doi. I had one that had been licensed for 2 months when he lied on the app. Made the deal even easier.

Back