Becoming Motivated?

My approach to this presentation is pretty simple, especially since you have limited time. Don't try to get to fancy, cover the basic purpose of life insurance.

--------------
Hi, I'm Dave with Grady Insurance, and I'm here to talk about tomorrow. We need a plan to take care of a few details.... (assuming the crowd is mostly women).... Let's think about where the household money is spent. How many people here have a household budget? Great.... where does your money go? You spend it on things like:
- Mortgage or rent
- Groceries
- Car / gas
- Kids gymnastics
- Clothes
- Entertainment
- etc

Okay, now we know what types of things we spend our paychecks on. (I usually draw on a board, little icons for each major category). Let me ask you a question. Let's pretend for a minute, you wake up tomorrow morning, and your spouse doesn't. The paycheck stops coming in. Now you have to live off of only your income. Let's go back to where our paychecks go, how do we make up the difference? Your husband is bringing in $4000 a month, you bring in $3000 a month. How do you cover the gap?

Your spouse has life insurance through work? Great. Do you know how to access it? Do you know who to call? Make sure you do, and make sure your spouse knows how to get to your coverage if something happens to you.

Do you have enough coverage? Will it support your family for an extended period of time? If you are curious, I'd be glad to sit down with you one on one and go over your existing coverage and see if it is adequate to meet your families needs. No cost, no obligation, I just believe in families and as a service, I like to make my expertise available.
-----------

That spiel will take 10 minutes if you add in a few jokes / dramatic pauses, and personalize it a bit.

Dan

I'm not certain what the laws are in your state, but some of them are almost feudal (still!). Believe it or not, most men do NOT change the beneficiary forms on their life insurance (at work) or their retirement plans upon their 2nd (or more) marriage.

Without it getting too morbid or depressing (talking about death insurance), here's a good article that my give you additional ideas

After a loved one dies (Page 1 of 2)

I hope you have a wonderful crowd, do a terrific job, and write lots of business!

I believe if people stop worrying about motivation and develope more passion for what they sell the motivation would take care of itself.

Well, it went great!! :). I scored a few "free consultations" out of it, and if nothing else it got my name out there with that group (nearly 100 people were there). I used some of the pointers that the board gave me, threw in a few quips and jokes, and it went fine.

Thanks so much,
Dave

Last edited:
I believe if people stop worrying about motivation and develope more passion for what they sell the motivation would take care of itself.

I would also add this: The longer you wait for motivation, the less likely it is to come. Remember, take action first, then you will gain confidence. It never works the other way around.

Back