RGI just has so much data and you know what you are going to get. They can nail things down to the lead for the most part. They are professional and consistent.

Leads are leads, but if you're running FE leads, you don't want to be going to a bunch of wealthy people unless you are well versed in annuities, investments etc. which a new agent would certainly struggle with.

It's been pointed out elsewhere in the forums that agents are lucky when they're actually able to get your TV leads since it's all on a first come, first serve basis. Has SL solved that problem either by capping the number of agents taking these leads or investing in more spots to generate sufficient leads to satisfy agent demand? Thanks for your response.

The live transfers are the leads that are hard to purchase when you are licensed in just one or maybe a few states. If an agent wants all the live TV transfers they can handle get licensed in 20+ states, that's where the big boys in FE TV live transfers are at.

There are a lot of TV leads that were not been bought when they came in as a live transfer. These leads are worked my making outbound calls. These can be purchased and you're calling Ms. Jones when they're just 5 min. old!

Sr Life is not looking to cap the number of agents. We're looking to add honest agents who are coachable, have a tremendous work ethic, and have a burning desire to succeed.

You obviously have a misconception about this business and leads . The lead is irrelevant for all intents purposes . Wether a lead lead says “life insurance” or says final expense plans is irrelevant. They don’t recall what it said outside something about funerals and it’s possibly something from the state . But most have filled the cards out 20 times . The only thing you should care about is they took the time to fill it out and mail it . I sure know when I mailed something as it takes effort . The lead gives you a reason to be at their house . If they say I have ins great . Your only their to get them the info they wanted . Takes 5 mins can we sit right there ? Your job is to get in the house . Your looking for a lead that says “ I want an insurance agent to call me “. It doesn’t exist . If the lead were straight forward it would cost $250 a lead .

Yeah and what I'm asking is wouldn't the lead be worth it?
They might not recall what it says verbatim but when you're getting told "I thought these were free benefits" they obviously remembered something. If you like wasting time talking to strangers I guess you make a valid point about only caring they filled a lead card out and sent it back. Don't you think you're contradicting yourself when you mention these lonely serial responders that just want someone to talk to?

You get what you pay for applies to everything, I'd rather pay $150/lead that has a 50% close ratio than $30/lead that's only closing at 20%.

What the exact verbiage is means little to me . Your $150 lead will have the same persistency as mine but I promise you’ll be out of the business fast paying that for a lead .

Why? The $30 lead guy/gal is going to be doing double the business you will be for the same lead cost.
Once again you're focused on the wrong metrics. Who gives a damn about lead cost it's the acquisition cost and efficiency of your invaluable time.

Let's say each agent takes 10 appointments a day for an hour each.

Cheap lead guy spends $300 for 10 appointments. Closes 2 sales (20% conversion) for $600 AP each or $1,200. So this dude spent 10 hours talking to 8 confused time wasters to net $900.

I'd rather spend $1,500 for 10 appointments and close 5 (50% conversion) because they're higher quality more informed about what they want and you're not misleading them with a lead card filled with BS wording. I'd write $3,000 AP on those 5 and after subtracting lead cost I net $1,500.

Explain how they could ever possibly do more business wasting so much time just because they have a cheaper lead. At the end of the day we're all limited to the same 24 hours. Do you prefer spending your hours converting at 20% or 50%??

Out of those 5 you close you’ll lose 1 to 1.5 of them . So $1500 for leads makes you 3.75 sales x $600 ap . So around $2300 yet . For $1500 I’m going to get 50 dm leads and close at least 15 total policys for $9 k in premium . Face to face I’ll only lose 2 policy’s so I net $8 k . You net $800 .

Out of those 5 you close you’ll lose 1 to 1.5 of them . So $1500 for leads makes you 3.75 sales x $600 ap . So around $2300 yet . For $1500 I’m going to get 50 dm leads and close at least 15 total policys for $9 k in premium . Face to face I’ll only lose 2 policy’s so I net $8 k . You net $800 .
How many days will it take you to work 50 leads? And how do you know what my persistency will be, have you worked more expensive high quality leads before? Please share your experience.

In the time it takes to run 50 low quality leads I'm willing to bet your sit and close rate is going to be way higher with a more high intent lead

The live transfers are the leads that are hard to purchase when you are licensed in just one or maybe a few states. If an agent wants all the live TV transfers they can handle get licensed in 20+ states, that's where the big boys in FE TV live transfers are at.
I want to make sure I understand clearly what this means. Are you saying that if a SL agent is licensed in all 50 states, he will get all the live TV transfers he can handle and therefore, will not have to rely on outbound leads?

Last edited:
As of a couple months ago, you could not write a SL policy if initial draft date was more than 7 days out, due to Covid 19. I'd be interested to know if this is still the case.

Back