Best States For FE In The Southeast

Is his New York accent and demeanor going to be a problem?
I can't speak for the whole south, but I lived in Virginia Beach for 15 years before moving to Texas. Actually lots of New Yorkers and other yankee types move down there to retire. And plenty more vacation there. So, at least in that part of the south, they're pretty used to those accents and attitudes. Nowadays I live in a suburb of Dallas. This is a huge, cosmopolitan, international, modern city. There are over 200 distinct languages spoken here. Nobody's accent is going to throw anybody off. (And I'll put a Texan's "take no crap attitude" up against a NYer's any day of the week!)

I do not know why this is so, but it does appear to be so. Any ideas as to why?

I agree with the both of you. The clients I have that are big on life insurance either have strong southern roots/influence or they are first generation immigrants/first generation American with strong immigrant parental influence. I have clients who have neither that buy life insurance but the ones that tend to be an easier sale have one of those backgrounds.

I look over my b.o.b periodically to see any common traits and that sticks out.

I can't speak for the whole south, but I lived in Virginia Beach for 15 years before moving to Texas. Actually lots of New Yorkers and other yankee types move down there to retire. And plenty more vacation there. So, at least in that part of the south, they're pretty used to those accents and attitudes. Nowadays I live in a suburb of Dallas. This is a huge, cosmopolitan, international, modern city. There are over 200 distinct languages spoken here. Nobody's accent is going to throw anybody off. (And I'll put a Texan's "take no crap attitude" up against a NYer's any day of the week!)
How about Jive Talk and Ebonics? :huh:

How about Jive Talk and Ebonics? :huh:
tenor.gif

Back