Biggest Losers on Supreme Court's Obamacare Opinion?

I completely disagree.

The biggest losers are the american tax payers. Not just because it's a new tax, but because it's only going to drive up the cost of healthcare and the amount of government spending. Insurance agents can go find other products or another career, but there is no hiding from the debt.

Insurance agents.

Take heed.
:skeptical:

Not all agents or brokers will be the loser in this. I admit that many will lose, but there is still a hugh market for the group business, starting somewhere around the 20 and over size...maybe a little higher. Individual and the under 20 is probably dead for agents/brokers.

Not all agents or brokers will be the loser in this. I admit that many will lose, but there is still a hugh market for the group business, starting somewhere around the 20 and over size...maybe a little higher. Individual and the under 20 is probably dead for agents/brokers.

Why? it may end up that the MA plans.. Agents will receive a fee for helping facilitate enrollment through the exchanges..

Why? it may end up that the MA plans.. Agents will receive a fee for helping facilitate enrollment through the exchanges..

My guess is that most groups under 20 will give up their health plans and reduce the market size. Too few groups, with very little ability to make money.

The biggest winner is Obama, the press will give him saint hood. The best we can hope for, is a republic senate, and congress.

As is stands today in CA for IFP, navigators will be paid $58 per enrollment in the exchange by the exchange. Agents will be paid commission for individual exchange sales but it has to come out of the carrier's pocket and not the exchange's pocket.

CA IFP carriers cannot pay more commission outside of the exchange than inside (to avoid adverse selection) so they will have to arrive at a compensation level for agents that is essentially identical in or out. This could be a % commission or a flat PMPM.

The other 57 states, who know. I would expect some to do the same thing.

Back