Biggest Losers on Supreme Court's Obamacare Opinion?

new-york-post-obamacare.jpg

Won't the biggest losers be the working poor who WERE healthy enough to qualify for health insurance already but just couldn't afford it?

Now they STILL won't be able to afford it but will have to PAY an additional TAX for NOT buying and they still won't have health insurance. I'm talking about the states with no expansion of Medicaid. Now they will have no health insurance and LESS household income.

Am I wrong in my thinking?

You are correct. It will also hit young people hard, especially young males. For instance, a male age 30 has a pretty low premium right now. But after 2014, the 3:1 rate bands means the younger set will see a much higher jump in premium than older people. If that male age 30 is an average wage earner he won't qualify for a subsidy, either. The largest segment of the uninsured is young people, and yet this law will help drive more young people into the ranks of the uninsured.

You are correct. It will also hit young people hard, especially young males. For instance, a male age 30 has a pretty low premium right now. But after 2014, the 3:1 rate bands means the younger set will see a much higher jump in premium than older people. If that male age 30 is an average wage earner he won't qualify for a subsidy, either. The largest segment of the uninsured is young people, and yet this law will help drive more young people into the ranks of the uninsured.

Agree 100 percent....

And......... this is for dear Al3 who didn't get to see all that dancing in the street from Right Wingers. Leave it to Jay Leno!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back