BMW = Success?

Glad to see a few car guy posts instead of the string of boring "it gets me to work" type of posts.

G650???? Jeez I hate posts that make you use Google to figure out. So, you commute in a $43.5 million corporate jet?

Have'nt driven a BMW in 15 years because of winter? Go right out and test drive one if the weather is still bad where you are. You would be amazed at the computer assisted --well, everything.

LOL Is that how much they cost!!! I bet the Cheoy Lee has a higher price tag.

"You are what you drive". The automobile is an extension of your personality. It has nothing to do with personal financial success (a lot of people are born wealthy and have plenty before going to work).

I am a former auto dealer by the way.:cool:
LOL What the?? Hum i'm sure there are plenty of people that make under $100k a year at the Ferrari dealer ordering up a new Enzo, or at the Chevy dealer ordering up the new Z06 Corvette. Just same as the people that make over $1,000,000 a year are driving off the dirt lot in a 1974 Pinto @ $50 a week for 350 weeks.
</IMG>

LOL Is that how much they cost!!! I bet the Cheoy Lee has a higher price tag.

Yup, a cool $43.5 million according to the Gulfstream site. Of course, you can lease for $14 million a year on a really tight 2-year lease (jet fuel not included, offer not valid in all states).

LOL What the?? Hum i'm sure there are plenty of people that make under $100k a year at the Ferrari dealer ordering up a new Enzo, or at the Chevy dealer ordering up the new Z06 Corvette. Just same as the people that make over $1,000,000 a year are driving off the dirt lot in a 1974 Pinto @ $50 a week for 350 weeks.
</IMG>

You only pay tax on what you claim. We recently saw a couple of young bucks in a 750li who "fit the mold" as drug lords. Last I heard, illegal drugs and prostitution were a couple of professions that don't report everything.

Not so certain about the 74 pinto. Haven't seen one of those in years. Nor Yugo, nor Pacers, nor a whole lotta cars from the 70s.

Just saw this thread again. And yes, as mentioned, the 2002 was the name of the car. That's going way back. I think mine (whoops...my parents let me drive it in college) was around a 1973 model that I drove from 76-80.

You only pay tax on what you claim. We recently saw a couple of young bucks in a 750li who "fit the mold" as drug lords. Last I heard, illegal drugs and prostitution were a couple of professions that don't report everything.

Not so certain about the 74 pinto. Haven't seen one of those in years. Nor Yugo, nor Pacers, nor a whole lotta cars from the 70s.

LOL What are you talking about?? So if I do not claim anything that means I don't pay any tax's? Young bucks, drug lords, prostitution, holy cow where do you live East Orange New Jersey.....

It all depends on your client/prospect. If you are talking with a "car guy" a nice car will help. I have worked with many referrals as a result of owning a Ferrari and a Lotus. Car guys love to talk and meet with another car guy. Last week when I was at a gas station refueling my Mercedes a woman approached me and asked what I did for a living in order to be able to afford such a nice car. I gave her my 30-second commercial and gave her my card. She contacted me and we are rolling over her 401k to an IRA.

Driving a nice car in most cases will only help you.

Matt

Very true, just the other day when I was topping off the tanks of my G650
a woman approached me and asked what I did for a living. So I gave her my card, a few weeks later she called and took out a huge $10,000 Industrail Life policy, thank you G650 ....

Yup, a cool $43.5 million according to the Gulfstream site. Of course, you can lease for $14 million a year on a really tight 2-year lease (jet fuel not included, offer not valid in all states).
Now who in the right mind would live in a State were it is not valid to own a G650...

Back