BMW = Success?

Mileage on BMW 528i on the highway: 34mpg

Amount Uncle Sam pays for my lease: 33%

Percentage of clients impressed favorably by car: 20%

Percentage of clients unfavorably impressed by car: 20%

Percentage of clients who don't notice/don't care: 60%

Percentage of female clients who don't notice: 100%

After roaring to a stop at the air port in my G650, I jump in my GT40, blaze a path to the "Red & Neck" trailer park and sell 2 new Industrial Life polices, and collect payment on 25 others.

Back in the GT40 at top speed to the air port, jump back in the G650, land at the air park, put the G650 out back of the house.

Jump in my 599 GTB Fiorano head to the Club, take the Zodiac out to my Cheoy Lee Serenity 83, then the real hard decisions are made-----Monte Carlo or San Pablo???

Last edited:
It all depends on your client/prospect. If you are talking with a "car guy" a nice car will help. I have worked with many referrals as a result of owning a Ferrari and a Lotus. Car guys love to talk and meet with another car guy. Last week when I was at a gas station refueling my Mercedes a woman approached me and asked what I did for a living in order to be able to afford such a nice car. I gave her my 30-second commercial and gave her my card. She contacted me and we are rolling over her 401k to an IRA.

Driving a nice car in most cases will only help you.

Matt

Here in SW Ohio, there are a lot of GM employees. I don't go on many appointments, but when I did, I always felt a bit uncomfortable because they always looked at the type of car I was driving and it never was a GM.

And, for what it's worth, we currently have two SUVs (GMC Envoy and Infinity QX). Now that we have the GM, it figures I don't have any appointments.

Also...I used to drive BMWs for years... a 2002 in college 325e, 325is...but I got tired of risking my life in Winter driving and haven't had one in at least 15 years.

"You are what you drive". The automobile is an extension of your personality. It has nothing to do with personal financial success (a lot of people are born wealthy and have plenty before going to work).

I am a former auto dealer by the way.:cool:

Glad to see a few car guy posts instead of the string of boring "it gets me to work" type of posts.

G650???? Jeez I hate posts that make you use Google to figure out. So, you commute in a $43.5 million corporate jet?

Have'nt driven a BMW in 15 years because of winter? Go right out and test drive one if the weather is still bad where you are. You would be amazed at the computer assisted --well, everything.

Back