Broker's Advocate at White House:

I would not put forth effort either since 2009; not sure how that date would even compute. Seems you were trying to stop the avalanche.

I would not put forth effort either since 2009; not sure how that date would even compute. Seems you were trying to stop the avalanche.

When ideas about reform were being 'tossed about', I did write about what solutions may work based on issues being faced by customers at the time. Then once it was rammed through Congress, ideas on how to minimize what might be negative impacts. Form letters, if any response at all, were all I received - that is until I levied a political threat related to voting in my letter to the white house. Then I got a phone call . . . .funny . . . . Too bad she hung up . . . .:no:

Yes, I know the Norma Rae story. Cruises are typical giveaways in insurance because they are cheap trips. I've qualified for 9; went on 4. I'd rather have the money: who wants to be on a cruise with hard-close sales guys; right?

Anyone with 2 eyes can see value of the agent. We work harder, smarter, and cheaper.

Obamacare: Agents signed up 43% of new California enrollment - LA Times
---------------------
California fell short of its second-year enrollment goal for Obamacare, but don't blame insurance agents.

They accounted for 43% of new enrollment in Covered California, the state's health insurance exchange.

That compares with 30% of people who enrolled themselves online or 10% who turned to a certified enrollment counselor or navigator.

The strong performance of insurance agents in 2014 defied some predictions that online sign-ups and thousands of new enrollment counselors would diminish their role.

Anyone with 2 eyes can see value of the agent. We work harder, smarter, and cheaper.

Obamacare: Agents signed up 43% of new California enrollment - LA Times
---------------------
California fell short of its second-year enrollment goal for Obamacare, but don't blame insurance agents.

They accounted for 43% of new enrollment in Covered California, the state's health insurance exchange.

That compares with 30% of people who enrolled themselves online or 10% who turned to a certified enrollment counselor or navigator.

The strong performance of insurance agents in 2014 defied some predictions that online sign-ups and thousands of new enrollment counselors would diminish their role.

We know we are valuable: it will be good when those 2 eyes catch up and realize it as well. My clients really appreciate me it seems. (Nice post; good numbers.)

Hmmm....
Agents pay their own office expenses and overhead, travel expenses , advertising and the insurer doesn't need to pay a payroll tax on the agent, or employee benefits.

Let them cut the commissions to nothing and see how long we keep selling their products. Or when the planets align will we get paid? Many of these clients are going to come back to the agent it helped them. No time for charity work and a liability on top of it. Risk of E & O claims ,
Gvmt fines for giving wrong advice....
Why bother to do the charity work? am I missing something? maybe via the charity work there's an opportunity sell some life insurance or DI...
Oh back in the day this is worth watching before it gets removed from YouTube
The Promise of Health Care Reform: http://youtu.be/NGnma9XiGcw

We almost ready to celebrate the 5 year anniversary!!!!

Last edited:
Back