Broker's Advocate at White House:

Nothing forces you to sell health insurance. As soon as we (meaning idiots) elected Obummer I stopped soliciting health. I focused almost entirely on Medicare and am very happy I did that.

One day Medicare plans will be history and I'll move onto something else.

If you're an insurance agent you have options. If you are a "health insurance agent" you're going to be screwed.

Rick

Medicare supplements don't look so good either: carriers going to 2%; not much better. I'm looking at options.

Texas is plummeting Medicare supplements: UHC for one; Aetna. It is beginning here according to friends of mine that specialize in medicare supplements.

Texas is plummeting Medicare supplements: UHC for one; Aetna. It is beginning here according to friends of mine that specialize in medicare supplements.

Your friends are saying this and they "specialize in Medicare supplements? Stop listening to people that know nothing.

UHC hasn't reduced commission on underwritten business. They stopped paying full commission on GI and U65 in many areas. Can't discuss Aetna since they use CLI in many states and generally have pretty high commissions.

Specialize in Med Supps my rear end!

Rick

Your friends are saying this and they "specialize in Medicare supplements? Stop listening to people that know nothing.

UHC hasn't reduced commission on underwritten business. They stopped paying full commission on GI and U65 in many areas. Can't discuss Aetna since they use CLI in many states and generally have pretty high commissions.

Specialize in Med Supps my rear end!

Rick

My UHC contract to sell health insurance ON or OFF Marketplace at 6% 'included' $17 per app flat rate for Medicare Supplements. I'd rather write health insurance. I was absolutely floored. I would not walk across the street for $17.

My UHC contract to sell health insurance ON or OFF Marketplace at 6% 'included' $17 per app flat rate for Medicare Supplements. I'd rather write health insurance. I was absolutely floored. I would not walk across the street for $17.

I think you should re-read it. The street commission for UHC in TX is $210 for the AARP branded plan. There is a difference between that and the non-AARP plan. Nobody sells the latter.

If you didn't certify with UHC you can't sell the AARP plan. Again, you are posting information that makes some of us think you haven't a clue.

Rick

Nor do I want a clue for even $210 or whatever the amount. I don't like Med Supp: you do. Some of my health insurance clients are almost $1,000/year; average right at $500 per year. That's what's good and/or bad about insurance .... we all see the same thing differently.

Well, they haven't done very well so far, have they? Many regional carriers are no longer around. ACO's and co-ops have had their issues.

Can you name a new carrier that has stepped up to the plate or expanded into other states?

Assurant is already in flames, it just hasn't crashed yet.

Cigna, Aetna and UHC will be focusing more on Medicare going forward.

Humana seems committed, at least in a few states but don't know how long they will hold on.

Somarco, I think HHS Secretary Birdwell is cherry-picking data from certain geographical areas and spinning it to sound as if it's nationwide. In my area, we did have 3 new carriers join the IL hc.gov exchange for 2015. UHC, Assurant, Coventry. There was a new company called IlliniCare too, but it is just Chicago. Available plans went from 65 in 2014, to 142 for 2015. Not that any of this makes a difference since plan designs are limited to tight ObamaScrew parameters.

I think you should re-read it. The street commission for UHC in TX is $210 for the AARP branded plan. There is a difference between that and the non-AARP plan. Nobody sells the latter.

If you didn't certify with UHC you can't sell the AARP plan. Again, you are posting information that makes some of us think you haven't a clue.

Rick

I was the top agent in the D/FW agent with Humana and went through the requirements/certifications: already been through the whole gamut. It's not that difficult. I'm glad you like it; I don't. Each to his own. You don't like health insurance -- not many people do. Actually, that appeals to me.

I was the top agent in the D/FW agent with Humana and went through the requirements/certifications: already been through the whole gamut. It's not that difficult. I'm glad you like it; I don't. Each to his own. You don't like health insurance -- not many people do. Actually, that appeals to me.

I'm sure you were a terrific captive agent.

But you pointed out UHC, not Humana. You also mentioned Aetna, not Humana.

It's too bad that you like the one part of the industry that is on life support.

Rick

Back