Can I take the Life Insurance License Exam from Overseas?

David Moshe

I live overseas and I am a U.S. Citizen. I use an address in California but haven't live there for many years.
Can I take the exam from Overseas remotely and can I choose to take the exam from any State?

Thanks
David

I live overseas and I am a U.S. Citizen. I use an address in California but haven't live there for many years.
Can I take the exam from Overseas remotely and can I choose to take the exam from any State?

Thanks
David
I would think so, but you won't be able to get your license unless you have a U.S. residence.

You can get a resident license with EITHER a home or business address in whatever state you want your resident license in.

And yes, I had verified this with the California DOI when I was considering a move outside the country at one point and I wanted to maintain my California resident license and do business 100% virtual.

Thanks DHK

My California Driver's license expired in March 2022 and I am registered to vote in California. But, it would be expensive and perhaps complicated to get the fingerprints (required for California) done overseas. There are other states that don't require fingerprints. So, doesn't it make sense I get a residence in one of those states and take the exam remotely for that state?
And, for whatever state I want to sell insurance in I can get the extension license for
Does that sound feasable?
Thanks
David

Back