captive to independent /need advise

See what did I tell ya, just loosen up and answers will magically appear! I would suggest offering several Med Supp's and possibly a MA plan that is excepted in your area. You may want to add a Final Expense either thru a national company such as TransAmerica or a more local player like Settlers Life that we have around here, they may be national but don't remember.

Now once you get your list simply call them and or mail out some letters with repliers. Yet though a thousand names should last you two weeks to effectively call the list multiple times.

James is absoloutly right but don't get too many because each co has a lot of paperwork apps brochures etc. and you will literally be overwhelmed at all the crap you have my cuz is one of the top agents for shield of shelter and he told me long ago don't try and be all things to all people find your market your niche and pretty soon you will see the fruits of your labor

I would think you can get the voters reg list for a lot less than $85. I used to use it to great effect. You might look into Lincoln Heritage. They will sell you leads and do mailers for you. They like fist shot at the biz but are OK with selling away if good for the client. I have been using their 'TV Leads' and did pretty well with them. Some people hate them. There is a HUGE diff in the type that calls in from the commercial ran during the evening news and Opra. But even those less fortunate need some coverage and it still pays the agent. Nothing glamorous but something to get you going.

Last edited:
i am contracted with lincoln heritage they are like all others have their pros and cons i have never looked into voter registration lists looks to me like you would get all ages and i am targeting to just seniors and also the numbers would not be do not call compliant i may be missing something here but for 10 cents per name numer and address to stay legal is well worth it and one med supp sale will pay for it where as you would need maybe 3-4 med supp sales to pay for a 1000 peice direct mail campaign and you would need a hundred sales to pay a do not call fine so my advice is do what u want just stay legal and ethical

When dealing with list such as a thousand doing a niche market like seniors, I find calling thru the list at first will eliminate half the list. Dead, on a group plan (retirement package) happy with what they have, no longer at the number you can cut the list in more then half. You'll likely end up with about 40 plus apt's depending upon your ability and how the degree in which you qualify. That should leave about 300 to 400 names that for one reason or another an unknown as far as interest in your offering. I send them newsletter that is design to grab the attention of senior offerings. No sense spending dollars on a list till you at least tried to qualified in one manner or another.

I would also focus on other forms of lead generation. Referrals (calling your book of business), senior events, health fairs (some let you be there for free), senior centers, doctor offices, senior living complexes,pharmacies, etc.

I would also focus on other forms of lead generation. Referrals (calling your book of business), senior events, health fairs (some let you be there for free), senior centers, doctor offices, senior living complexes,pharmacies, etc.
how do you market at doctors offices and pharmacies? And from johns reply about lincoln heritage, they are not competitive here in indiana.

Back