Career Agent with United Health?

UHC already has a big market for their plans in Palm Beach County, I don't know where you get your information.

The reason (other than longevity and name recognition) is that the OON deductible is $0 and Humana's PPO is $975. ...

FLM2,

Can you please explain what OON means out of network correct? Are you saying that OON for united is or is that Humana?
-----------------------------------------------------
Thanks for these responses.

I don't know much, but i'm pretty sure that Humana has the market share in pb county. I don't know why but i also heard that Humana may not be around after the aetna merger. Not sure how that will play out.

~Tim

FLM2,

Can you please explain what OON means out of network correct? Are you saying that OON for united is or is that Humana?
-----------------------------------------------------
Thanks for these responses.

I don't know much, but i'm pretty sure that Humana has the market share in pb county. I don't know why but i also heard that Humana may not be around after the aetna merger. Not sure how that will play out.

~Tim

Tim, I know you are new but OON is a very basic term, it's Out of Network. This means if the subscriber wants to see a doctor who is not in the provider network there is different cost sharing. It has to be a PPO plan to be able to see anyone Out of Network and UHC Medicare Complete Plan 2 has $0 deductible for this, Humana's RPPO Plan 074 has a $975 deductible.

Humana may have a larger market share in Palm Beach Country but it's mostly for their Gold HMO, I'm sure UHC has more on their PPO. I represent both companies and my clients are split about 50-50 between UHC and Humana in Palm Beach and Broward for the PPO, it is a function of whether doctors are in network for Humana; if they are I normally recommend Humana because of the ancillary benefits for dental, vision, and fitness. I don't have anyone on the UHC HMO but, in Broward, they have an excellent product through Preferred Care Partners

You seem to be really unsure about so much of the details of the market you really should take a captive job if it is offered, the education will be invaluable.

Tim, I know you are new but OON is a very basic term, it's Out of Network. This means if the subscriber wants to see a doctor who is not in the provider network there is different cost sharing. It has to be a PPO plan to be able to see anyone Out of Network and UHC Medicare Complete Plan 2 has $0 deductible for this, Humana's RPPO Plan 074 has a $975 deductible. Humana may have a larger market share in Palm Beach Country but it's mostly for their Gold HMO, I'm sure UHC has more on their PPO. I represent both companies and my clients are split about 50-50 between UHC and Humana in Palm Beach and Broward for the PPO, it is a function of whether doctors are in network for Humana; if they are I normally recommend Humana because of the ancillary benefits for dental, vision, and fitness. I don't have anyone on the UHC HMO but, in Broward, they have an excellent product through Preferred Care Partners You seem to be really unsure about so much of the details of the market you really should take a captive job if it is offered, the education will be invaluable.

That preferred care partners network may be the worst I've ever seen.

Also, I noticed you said you like the Aetna plan in N FL. Are you close to Jax? I moved here last year and while I have Aetna I've yet to sell one. UHC just seems so much better than Aetna, at least here

That preferred care partners network may be the worst I've ever seen.

Also, I noticed you said you like the Aetna plan in N FL. Are you close to Jax? I moved here last year and while I have Aetna I've yet to sell one. UHC just seems so much better than Aetna, at least here

It wasn't me who said that, I don't have any clients in N FL-Aetna's network is excellent in Sarasota/Manatee/Lee and Tampa Bay.

Back