Citizens (CICA)

What does that have to do with your example? The client lied on the app. The claim should not be paid. There are hungry lawyers just like there are hungry insurance agents that will chase a $100 commission.

Louis there’s ethical CO’s and non ethical CO’s . The example I used is the client forgot something small that had zero to do with his death . The bs CO’s will take that irrelevant emission that had zero to do with the death and deny it .

FE is a different animal for sure. Most of my contestable claims were paid, but I've had several denied for various reasons.

For sure. I wrote my first 'FE' policy in 1992. (Last one, TA, was Monday). First 'burial' policy 1985. My first non paid contestable claim was 2015, an FE policy. I have been lucky.

To me it is just life insurance with tables built in. I understand the FE market is different than the traditional family market. And yeah, it definitely sounds like the FE only companies run a little differently that traditional life companies. But my experience hasn't been that bad.

What does that have to do with your example? The client lied on the app. The claim should not be paid. There are hungry lawyers just like there are hungry insurance agents that will chase a $100 commission.

Don't be so quick to always blame the agent. I believe many of these claims that are denied would be paid if people would fight them.

The companies are far more to blame than any agent.

Then you may have found your reason to not be an FE agent?

Two since 1985? Nah, that would not be a reason. And they were righteous denials. I just wrote a TA SIWL so I must have thicker skin than some. Although their traditional life side is easier.

The products and process' are uber simple. The comp is ridiculous. Like a slot machine. The market, Just not my people.

Most of your business over the decades has been non fe fully underwritten and probably many with parameds . Fe much different and the leniency allows a lot of crap to slip throw . I’d say 95% of people cal be written level or a graded policy . There’s no reason for an agent to lie .

Most? Probably. But not by a huge margin. I was introduced to FE in 92 by an fe guy that needed help on a traditional case. The simple underwriting, the simple two page app, issued and paid in days and 110%,at the time, comp. I loved it.

''Fe much different and the leniency allows a lot of crap to slip throw .'' I learned that. I had a bad impression of those agents before Bob Barney introduced me to this forum and guys like JD and others showed me that not all were like the guys I had met.

I field underwrite my SIWL the same as my traditional. I ask a lot of questions on and off the app. Before I quote or even set an appointment. It is just table rated life insurance to me.

My last three cases were 2 Traditional FU and 1 SIWL. So that is probably a good ratio for me. All the people I have waiting for quotes are SIWL. But none are FE people. _Huge_ swing in premiums, but just life insurance to me. All my stuff is referred or call me asking for help. So that changes who I write compared to if I bought leads I am sure.

So I guess I write the product, but try not to write the market.

Many ways to do what we do.

Most? Probably. But not by a huge margin. I was introduced to FE in 92 by an fe guy that needed help on a traditional case. The simple underwriting, the simple two page app, issued and paid in days and 110%,at the time, comp. I loved it.

''Fe much different and the leniency allows a lot of crap to slip throw .'' I learned that. I had a bad impression of those agents before Bob Barney introduced me to this forum and guys like JD and others showed me that not all were like the guys I had met.

I field underwrite my SIWL the same as my traditional. I ask a lot of questions on and off the app. Before I quote or even set an appointment. It is just table rated life insurance to me.

My last three cases were 2 Traditional FU and 1 SIWL. So that is probably a good ratio for me. All the people I have waiting for quotes are SIWL. But none are FE people. _Huge_ swing in premiums, but just life insurance to me. All my stuff is referred or call me asking for help. So that changes who I write compared to if I bought leads I am sure.

We're not doctors or even underwriters. I ask the app questions and let the company decide.

Even when I'm writing traditional, I don't handle it much differently. With traditional, I write down the meds and maybe two or three words as an explanation for why they're prescribed. Nothing more needed usually.

Two since 1985? Nah, that would not be a reason. And they were righteous denials. I just wrote a TA SIWL so I must have thicker skin than some. Although their traditional life side is easier.

The products and process' are uber simple. The comp is ridiculous. Like a slot machine. The market, Just not my people.

I was referring to your statement about not writing a company that might not pay or even slow pay.

When you say it’s just built in tables you are correct. You are talking about the product.

Those of us that actually work FE are not talking about the product.

There are many ways to do what you do. I agree. There are not that many ways to do what we do.

It has very little to do with the product.

We're not doctors or even underwriters. I ask the app questions and let the company decide.

Even when I'm writing traditional, I don't handle it much differently. With traditional, I write down the meds and maybe two or three words as an explanation for why they're prescribed. Nothing more needed usually.

I was trained in an old large Mutual so field underwriting was a thing. No quoter, definitely no Toolkit, no internet agent portal or even easy calling the company. Mailed applications, mailed requirements back and forth, mailed APS', and so on. Old habits I quess. It doesn't make one way right or wrong, just right or wrong for me. I am not that rigid, I have changed many processes over the years.

Right now I am into simplicity.

There are many ways to do what you do. I agree. There are not that many ways to do what we do.

It has very little to do with the product.

There are hundreds of threads in these forums arguing how this or that is right or wrong. And mostly between FE only guys. Hell, look back to 'seniors do use cell phones', 'telesales' or even carrying in a laptop.
The consistency is that there is no consistency.

Back