Citizens (CICA)

That's interesting. I don't sell FE but have seen a lot of contracts. Do a lot of these carriers take chargebacks out of earned comp vs. just debiting all comp until repaid?
Most companies take charge backs from your next avaiable cash wh re ther it be your next advance or your next earned comission check. I prefer that. I don't like outstanding debt owed to anyone.

You experience with companies must be far different from mone. In the last 50 years I hsve seen companies pay many claims that they could have contested.

I had two claims paid, one by National Life and Accident and the other by American Pioneer under the terms of the conditional receipt becase the insureds died within a week of my tsking the application before the policies were ever issued.

Same.

OK, not 50 years, but not far off.

I think I have had two claims not paid that I am aware of. One for sure.

Several under TIA. One was a child rider I wrote on a Friday evening. The baby died that night. When the aunt called me the next morning the app was still in my trunk. Took a bit, autopsy and such, but they paid the $20,000.

If I had a company that routinely denied clean claims I would not write them. Hell, if they pay claims but are very slow, I will not write them.

Life is to short to deal with avoidable hassles.

Hope you are doing well.

Lee

Same.

Several under TIA. One was a child rider I wrote on a Friday evening. The baby died that night. When the aunt called me the next morning the app was still in my trunk. Took a bit, autopsy and such, but they paid the $20,000.

If I had a company that routinely denied clean claims I would not write them. Hell, if they pay claims but are very slow, I will not write them.

Hope you are doing well.

Lee

FE is a different animal for sure. Most of my contestable claims were paid, but I've had several denied for various reasons.

Same.

Hope you are doing well.

Lee

Then you may have found your reason to not be an FE agent?

Don, inyour platelet example the applocation would be faulse. The client knew he had been advised to have the tests and he knew he had never had then yet he lied and answered the question "no". that would not be a problem withCICA as almost every application asks about non completed tests.

Like Jd said they’ll deny and dare you to sue them . Lawyers would laugh to the heavens on 30% of a $10k claim

Same.

Hope you are doing well.

Lee

Most of your business over the decades has been non fe fully underwritten and probably many with parameds . Fe much different and the leniency allows a lot of crap to slip throw . I’d say 95% of people cal be written level or a graded policy . There’s no reason for an agent to lie .

Most of your business over the decades has been non fe fully underwritten and probably many with parameds . Fe much different and the leniency allows a lot of crap to slip throw . I’d say 95% of people cal be written level or a graded policy . There’s no reason for an agent to lie .
Actually most of my business was what we now call FE. Only a small portion required a physical exam. Not necessarily the agent is the one lying.. Applicants lie to the agents. The agent records what he or she is told.

Like Jd said they’ll deny and dare you to sue them . Lawyers would laugh to the heavens on 30% of a $10k claim
What does that have to do with your example? The client lied on the app. The claim should not be paid. There are hungry lawyers just like there are hungry insurance agents that will chase a $100 commission.

What does that have to do with your example? The client lied on the app. The claim should not be paid. There are hungry lawyers just like there are hungry insurance agents that will chase a $100 commission.

The point is FE people often have so many health problems that they lose track.

They don't always lie. Sometimes their doctors don't tell them they had a heart attack. Or sometimes the client relies on their memory, which is not always a reliable source.

Back