Citizens (CICA)

Finally received my contract and comisson schedule. First year good, renewals so so at 2% on the standard plan. Vesting not so good. Terminates if comission drops below $1200 per year. That means you have to maintain $60K on the books to continue to be paid after termination. Oh well, you can't have everything. There is certainly a use for the product out there.

Finally received my contract and comisson schedule. First year good, renewals so so at 2% on the standard plan. Vesting not so good. Terminates if comission drops below $1200 per year. That means you have to maintain $60K on the books to continue to be paid after termination. Oh well, you can't have everything. There is certainly a use for the product out there.

What did they give you for first year ? I relooked at some of the rates .The level at most ages more expensive than Aig or Gerber Gi . Yeah there taking more risk with day 1 coverage ( we’ll see how well they pay contestable claims and they’ll have a chunk ) but the pricing like a Gi .

What did they give you for first year ? I relooked at some of the rates .The level at most ages more expensive than Aig or Gerber Gi . Yeah there taking more risk with day 1 coverage ( we’ll see how well they pay contestable claims and they’ll have a chunk ) but the pricing like a Gi .

Pretty much anyone can get 120%. Renewals are bad.

As for rates, they are high for healthy people.

So don’t use them for healthy people.

But for not healthy people they can be very well priced. Take, for instance, a 59 year old female smoker with copd. Not many, if any, are beating that rate.

Pretty much anyone can get 120%. Renewals are bad.

As for rates, they are high for healthy people.

So don’t use them for healthy people.

But for not healthy people they can be very well priced. Take, for instance, a 59 year old female smoker with copd. Not many, if any, are beating that rate.

Some of the older 67-75 there more exp. Definitely very useable . To get 130% or above I was told they want production commitments . Jd how’s the drafting ? Cam you draft any day of month ? Any type ss billing ? Do they charge extra for credit cards ? Are they sending clients policys yet ?

Some of the older 67-75 there more exp. Definitely very useable . To get 130% or above I was told they want production commitments . Jd how’s the drafting ? Cam you draft any day of month ? Any type ss billing ? Do they charge extra for credit cards ? Are they sending clients policys yet ?

Drafting is bad. And harder to fix. Any day except the 29-31 like everyone else.
No SS billing. No extra charge.

To my knowledge none of my clients have received a policy from CICA.

They have all received a policy from me.

They are a very difficult company to deal with.

The eApp is slow and clunky and difficult to set payment into.

Very easy to miss a step because there’s so many. Almost impossible to correct a mistake if one is made.

The middle of Oct they drafted everyone double.

They did fix that one right away and put the money back in peoples accounts within a day. Including over draft fees.

Last edited:
120%. Definitely a place for them in the 0 to 50 market as well as niches in the older ages.

Drafting is bad. And harder to fix. Any day except the 29-31 like everyone else.
No SS billing. No extra charge.

To my knowledge none of my clients have received a policy from CICA.

They have all received a policy from me.

They are a very difficult company to deal with.

The eApp is slow and clunky and difficult to set payment into.

Very easy to miss a step because there’s so many. Almost impossible to correct a mistake if one is made.

The middle of Oct they drafted everyone double.

They did fix that one right away and put the money back in peoples accounts within a day. Including over draft fees.

I was going to write a few de’s with them . I’m scared to . Will they redraft from the agent calling or does client have to be on the phone ? Do they answer the phone or on hold for an hr ? Can you download the policy from the agent portal ? I see more a more Fmo’s pushing it .Lastly are they paying the agent or taking weeks ? Do they advance ?

I was going to write a few de’s with them . I’m scared to . Will they redraft from the agent calling or does client have to be on the phone ? Do they answer the phone or on hold for an hr ? Can you download the policy from the agent portal ? I see more a more Fmo’s pushing it .Lastly are they paying the agent or taking weeks ? Do they advance ?

Let me take this one at a time.

The agent can set up a redraft at the portal if it's an in force policy. If it's the initial draft you have to rewrite.

The do not answer the phones at all. But they do not keep you on hold. After a few minutes you get the prompt to leave a voice mail and they will get back to you within 24 hours. That's ridiculous if they did get back in 24 hours. But they don't. You will have to call over and over.

You cannot download the policy from the portal. You have to request one be emailed to you on each case after the initial draft. If you want it.

They do pay. I'm as earned with them and there's form you have to submit to get as earned. The commission reports are run every Tuesday at 6:00 pm. Whatever is on there then is paid on Friday. I get a deposit from them almost every Friday. They will pay as earned once a month unless you ask them to pay once a week.

They do advance. They have some kind of crazy advancing where they advance 6 months then any chargebacks are taken from the back end money. It's kinda like the way LH and SL pay. Just dumb as hell. I know FEX was looking at alternatives and didn't want to do that. I don't know what the final decision was. Mine is as earned and I only care about mine.

Maybe things will improve? It hasn't. I would advise to use only when needed. Not because you want to.

Let me take this one at a time.

The agent can set up a redraft at the portal if it's an in force policy. If it's the initial draft you have to rewrite.

The do not answer the phones at all. But they do not keep you on hold. After a few minutes you get the prompt to leave a voice mail and they will get back to you within 24 hours. That's ridiculous if they did get back in 24 hours. But they don't. You will have to call over and over.

You cannot download the policy from the portal. You have to request one be emailed to you on each case after the initial draft. If you want it.

They do pay. I'm as earned with them and there's form you have to submit to get as earned. The commission reports are run every Tuesday at 6:00 pm. Whatever is on there then is paid on Friday. I get a deposit from them almost every Friday. They will pay as earned once a month unless you ask them to pay once a week.

They do advance. They have some kind of crazy advancing where they advance 6 months then any chargebacks are taken from the back end money. It's kinda like the way LH and SL pay. Just dumb as hell. I know FEX was looking at alternatives and didn't want to do that. I don't know what the final decision was. Mine is as earned and I only care about mine.

Maybe things will improve? It hasn't. I would advise to use only when needed. Not because you want to.

Good synopsis . It’s very frustrating dealing with terrible service . It puts the agent in a difficult spot .

Back