Client Referrals

6. I send 4th of July cards. There's a flurry of activity after that.
7. I don't do birthday cards, but should probably start.

I wonder if your 4th of July cards get the effect of personal interest without doing the same thing "everybody else" does ( ie birthday cards).

What do you do?

I come to work in the morning. Turn on the lights. Then the telephone starts ringing with people wanting to buy health insurance. Worse yet is when people just come to my office without an appointment wanting to buy health insurance.
I'm so glad Im at the end of my career. This is exhausting.

I wonder if your 4th of July cards get the effect of personal interest without doing the same thing "everybody else" does ( ie birthday cards).

I think about 25% send me a thank you or comment on it during Open Enrollment.

And in any case, its a reminder I am still in the game, 3 months before October.

Thought about you last night, but didn't look for the thread. I spent $42 on bundt cakes as door prizes last night. So I'm at $42 for 2018 marketing. Plus cards and stamps :)

I think about 25% send me a thank you or comment on it during Open Enrollment.

And in any case, its a reminder I am still in the game, 3 months before October.

Thought about you last night, but didn't look for the thread. I spent $42 on bundt cakes as door prizes last night. So I'm at $42 for 2018 marketing. Plus cards and stamps :)

For the senior crowd I don't know if "cute" or "cake" is more important.

that must be a pretty detailed talk. I can't remember if you fall in the hour or hour and a half camp for the home visit, but that is a lot of additional time to showcase brilliance.

For the senior crowd I don't know if "cute" or "cake" is more important.

that must be a pretty detailed talk. I can't remember if you fall in the hour or hour and a half camp for the home visit, but that is a lot of additional time to showcase brilliance.

If its one on one (in person or via phone) its around 30-45 minutes, depending on questions and drug list.

In a group of 90, it went 75 minutes, because of questions. Then there was another speaker. Then there was the line of people waiting to talk to me with specific questions.

Home visits always take the longest, at 90 minutes. I rarely do those, unless there is a disability involved.

telephone starts ringing with people wanting to buy health insurance. Worse yet is when people just come to my office without an appointment wanting to buy health insurance.
I'm so glad Im at the end of my career

So sorry to hear.

How much time did the doctor give you?

Are you uninviting Trump to your send off?

Home visits

Are you a social worker?

Are you a social worker?

You know damn well if someone called you and asked you to help someone who was disabled and can't do a phone appointment, you would go to their house.

My last 2? A man with early onset Alzheimers and the wife had never written a check and was struggling to be able to leave the house. The other one? Survived the Da Nang province and hates the VA. Damn right he gets a home visit. And short of my body, anything else he wants.

I come to work in the morning. Turn on the lights. Then the telephone starts ringing with people wanting to buy health insurance. Worse yet is when people just come to my office without an appointment wanting to buy health insurance.
I'm so glad Im at the end of my career. This is exhausting.

I've heard people move to California to get enlightened. Maybe if you left the lights off you would get more solitude and stress relief.

You know damn well if someone called you and asked you to help someone who was disabled and can't do a phone appointment, you would go to their house.

Nope.

I don't do house calls. Closest thing is "meet me at Starbucks, half way between your place and mine, but closer to mine"

If someone wants a home visit I give them your number.

Now THAT's a referral.

So we have been doing Medicare almost exclusively for 10 years and we r a 2nd generation family business. We r pretty established. We have a couple of thousand med supp clients and the only cards we send out are sympathy cards when a clients spouse dies. About a quarter our clients call us during aep to review their drug plans and this in itself generates a ton of referrals. We do a mix of local seminars and cold call to the over 70 crowd all over the country . I get virtually no referals from phone sales out of state. We have only been doing phone sales for a 1.5 years but referrals are low. Our seminar clients generate a ton of referals for us. We do them at libraries diners anywhere we can. Then these clients come to our office and we spend another 2 hours with us. After we enroll them we do very little with them until aep for their part d if they call us. The referals from our face 2 face clients are amazing.

Recently i have started cross selling annuities and finally I have broken through the cross selling gauntlet, I have 3 active annuity deals from my t65 clients.

Back