Close Ratio As an Independent?

Rhinoguy

I know this is a question that has varying answers. I am currently a captice agent who quoted 2400 families last year and had a 30.4% close ratio. If I were independant with about 4-5 carriers what do you think my close raio would be? Anyone quoting similar numbers with a better close rate? Obviously I am debating independant vs. exclusive.

Re: Close Ratio As an Independant?

Depends also on your market with each company. Some companies are stronger in some markets than others. Your close ratio can also be affected by how and where your leads come from. Exclusive leads are best, but how did you get them? Did they find you? In most examples of marketing, they figure if you can attract a new customer with a 20-30% sales success, your marketing is successful. Of course, there is always big room for improvement.

With the way our marketing model works, we close about 80% most of the time.

I know this is a question that has varying answers. I am currently a captice agent who quoted 2400 families last year and had a 30.4% close ratio. If I were independant with about 4-5 carriers what do you think my close raio would be? Anyone quoting similar numbers with a better close rate? Obviously I am debating independant vs. exclusive.

I think you would have sold more polices being independent. You could have given them more options and more to choice from.

What if a car salesman could offer more then one kind of car? Instead of just being able to show you Ford, they could show you Nissan, Toyota, and a ton of other cars. I think he would sell more cars. I might not want to buy the Ford, but if he showed me something else, I might buy it. I wanted to buy a car to start with, but what he is showing me, Just the Ford, is not what I'm looking for.

I hope that made sense. If the client ask you for something cheaper and you only have one company, then you are out of luck. When you have more then one company, you can make sure they are getting a good deal.

You said you quoted over 2,400 families last year. Can I have the ones that you didn't sell? What if you could go back and offer them something else now? What if you could show them something cheaper or better? No one company will always be the cheapest or the best.

Did your wife ever go independent? I am a in the same boat and considering the same thing. Great mids think alike!

WOW, this is an OLD post.

My closing ratio is 77% on P&C, i have over 30 companies.

Did your wife ever go independent? I am a in the same boat and considering the same thing. Great mids think alike!

I messaged him the same question...it looks like its been 9 months since you asked. Have u gone Indy or had your spouse do it?

77% is good..but don't you think the number is relative to the source of the prospect? Ratio on referrals is probably 90% versus cold called leads

what is it with these meaningless YEARS old posts?

OK fine, i will comment.

I have over 40 insurance companies, my close ration is 80%

I have some companies I actually havent ever used.
its not about how many companies you have, but do you have competetive companies?

Back