Close Ratio As an Independent?

I know this is a question that has varying answers. I am currently a captice agent who quoted 2400 families last year and had a 30.4% close ratio. If I were independant with about 4-5 carriers what do you think my close raio would be? Anyone quoting similar numbers with a better close rate? Obviously I am debating independant vs. exclusive.

I had a close ratio of about 70% as an Independent, but I had a specific market and I did not chase business that did not fit in this market. For the clients who fit my agency, I gave is 150%, especially on the clients I really wanted. To anwer your questoin, it depends on who you target market is, every line of business is different and every type of business is different.

I had a close ratio of about 70% as an Independent, but I had a specific market and I did not chase business that did not fit in this market. For the clients who fit my agency, I gave is 150%, especially on the clients I really wanted. To anwer your questoin, it depends on who you target market is, every line of business is different and every type of business is different.

And why arent you an agent anymore?

And why arent you an agent anymore?

For the same reason why people don't work at burger king all their lives, some people want to move on. I got a very good buyout offer I said "yes" to. Having always been an entrepreneur, which was the focus of my business degree, I decided to take my talents to the next level and life has been good. But will I ask you why are you no longer a Farmers Agent? Of course not, I don't want you to embarrass yourself!

For the same reason why people don't work at burger king all their lives, some people want to move on. I got a very good buyout offer I said "yes" to. Having always been an entrepreneur, which was the focus of my business degree, I decided to take my talents to the next level and life has been good. But will I ask you why are you no longer a Farmers Agent? Of course not, I don't want you to embarrass yourself!

Lets take this to the fight club.......

I used to be a heavy equipment operator, now getting into insurance is the world to me, people now accept me! I finally have my pride and my family is proud of me, I have come a long way.

Sorry santanman not to pick on you I am also proud of you. But what does this have to do with the header of this post..close ratio?:no::swoon::swoon::swoon:

Guess he's just "happy";)

2400 quotes is a boatload of quotes.... RBA would have booked 1920 policies that year ! Wow, our avg. policy is around $950/year x 1920 = +1.8Mil x ?%= nice year

I call BS on 2400 quotes, divide that by 365 days a year, thats 6.5 quotes a day.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Guess he's just "happy";)

2400 quotes is a boatload of quotes.... RBA would have booked 1920 policies that year ! Wow, our avg. policy is around $950/year x 1920 = +1.8Mil x ?%= nice year

I would work 1 year and retire......

Last edited by a moderator:
That is a lot of quotes...based on the number of days we actually "work" that's probably over 10/day...awesome !

don't get caught up in numbers..if it's just one person, I would assume that is alot. my staff of 5 was doing 300+ quotes in a month.. with roughly 22 working days thats more than 10 quotes a day.

also buy 10 internet leads a day thats 10 quotes you'd be doing.

buy 20 then your doing 20 quotes..it doesnt mean anything how many quotes you have cause that number can be skewed.

Back