CMS removes the $100 increase in commissions for MAPD and PDP plans July 18, 2025

CMS announced on July 18, 2025 that due to the court injunction for Americans for Beneficiary Choice v. HHS , No. 4:24-cv-00439 that they are updating the Commission amounts again for 2025. MAPD will be $626 and $313 (higher for some states) and PDP will be substantially lower at $109 and $55. No news yet if the carriers will be willing to reinstate HRA payments. I do believe that this means that overrides and co-op funds will mostly remain intact for 2025. I am disappointed for myself and all my agents that the commissions have been lowered, especially for PDP, which I think is grossly undercompensated for the work that we do.
Any thoughts ?

CMS announced on July 18, 2025 that due to the court injunction for Americans for Beneficiary Choice v. HHS , No. 4:24-cv-00439 that they are updating the Commission amounts again for 2025. MAPD will be $626 and $313 (higher for some states) and PDP will be substantially lower at $109 and $55. No news yet if the carriers will be willing to reinstate HRA payments. I do believe that this means that overrides and co-op funds will mostly remain intact for 2025. I am disappointed for myself and all my agents that the commissions have been lowered, especially for PDP, which I think is grossly undercompensated for the work that we do.
Any thoughts ?
Nobody knows if or what overrides and marketing money are . Carriers cutting back big and could use this as an excuse to eliminate or greatly reduce both . As has been said 100 times the greedy Fmo’s used the bs angle of the poor agent not getting paid enough to ax all this . Those greedy sucks only care about themselves . Agents won’t forget this . Irregardless if there’s overrides and little to no marketing money Fmo’s and agents overriding will simply have to use part of there overrides for agent marketing money

Back