Cold Calling Against The Law ?

Re: Cold Calling Against The Law??????????

I knew you knew ;) But the new guys reading it may have misunderstood. If they don't know and did it, then they would have an advantage over us that do know and don't do it. :)

This doesn't apply to CMS products:

You can call someone who is in the DNC list if they request that you call. When someone requests information on insurance and includes their phone number in the information they provide you, I think it is fair to consider it an implicit request for a call.

There is a time limit, however which escapes me. I think it is 90 days from the date of the request. Also you can call people who have an active business relationship with you (a.k.a clients). I think that is even an exception to the CMS rules.

My advice is to anyone that is a new agent STAY OUT OF THE MA&PDP market. I have owned an agency for 22 years and with all that CMS is making us do now it just is not worth it.

[SIZE=-1]Do-not-call lists - Firms must establish and maintain a do-not-call list. If called parties request that no further cold calls be made to them, their names must be added to the do-not-call list. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]Do-not-call lists - Firms must establish and maintain a do-not-call list. If called parties request that no further cold calls be made to them, their names must be added to the do-not-call list. [/SIZE]

Oh, golly. That is a wonderful explanation of DNC listing. I would never have known that except for your brilliant post! Are you certain that your user ID shouldn't be "baristasmith?":1cute:

Last edited:
Nice smileys douche....

This is from Indiana where I live......

Individuals who are on the Do Not Call list and receive an unwanted telemarketing call can submit a complaint to the Attorney General's office. Being placed on the Telephone Privacy List will eliminate most telemarketing calls, but it will not eliminate all telemarketing calls. Under Indiana law, certain groups may still contact you. They include: insurance agents, realtors, newspapers, and most charities.

Back