Cold Calling and more!

Hi yeah,

Cold calling is always the same thing over 7 over again!

There are a few things that you'd certainly need to remember though..

A few tips for you-

* the first 30 secs of your call are the most vital ( you need to sound enthusiastic)
* Ensure a good call-opening (greet the consumer)
* Talk slowly but assertively (don't let the call control pass over to the other party)
* Talk about the benefits of your offer (explain the features or qualities)
* Whenever the consumer objects rebut with a couple of benefits that you have in your offer (know your product in & out)
* Be confident while you pop up the question of pricing

Hope these tips would help you in some way or the other!

Regards,
Jeff

Talk slowly but assertively (don't let the call control pass over to the other party)

I prefer to give control to the other party as soon as possible. Otherwise, I don't know if they're a prospect and they quit listening anyway.

Talk about the benefits of your offer (explain the features or qualities)

I ignore benefits and look for pain.

Whenever the consumer objects rebut with a couple of benefits that you have in your offer (know your product in & out)

I ask more questions instead of talking product benefits. I need to find out if the objection can be solved or if just doesn't make sense for us to do business together.

I think you will find varying responses to your call for "cold-calling" advice. Many agents regard cold-calling as door-to-door, while others think telemarketing. Always ask "what do you mean by cold-calling?" Take advantage of your status as a newbee, you will be cut some slack. Old schoolers will assume door-to-door because that's the way they cut their teeth. More recently (since the invention of the "talking tube") those who make unsolicited phone calls are said to be "cold-calling".:D

All seriousness aside, where you get into trouble is trying to determine the regulations in instances where non-insurance people use professional jargon they know nothing about and incorporate it into laws. CMS is a good example. Door-to-door solicitation is forbidden, but making telephone calls to set appointments is encouraged. Both are "cold-calling" stategies, but one is illegal and the other not. Sometimes bulletins will be promulgated that use the term "cold-calling" and will raise a ruckus because the nim-wits making the rules don't know what they are talking about. JMHO.

Back