Cold Calling and more!

My experience with AFLAC was short. A couple days training. Went to an established customer with the DM and helped write a couple policies, got a small split to pump me up. Told to write a bunch of policies for myself to generate some cash flow. Then taken to a street of businesses, let out and told to go from door to door and sell. I lasted a couple hours. ;) My whole experience was a week. I hated it.

One of the many problems with AFLAC is the sheer numbers of agents on the street. The only way to make money there is to hire agents under you. It is a giant Pyramid scheme and a nightmare cold calling process.

Thats my opinion, but opinions are like assholes, we all have them. Your experiences may vary.

Quack.

My experience with AFLAC was short. A couple days training. Went to an established customer with the DM and helped write a couple policies, got a small split to pump me up. Told to write a bunch of policies for myself to generate some cash flow. Then taken to a street of businesses, let out and told to go from door to door and sell. I lasted a couple hours. ;) My whole experience was a week. I hated it.

One of the many problems with AFLAC is the sheer numbers of agents on the street. The only way to make money there is to hire agents under you. It is a giant Pyramid scheme and a nightmare cold calling process.

Thats my opinion, but opinions are like assholes, we all have them. Your experiences may vary.

Quack.

Pretty much the same way for me too. Double Quack...:mad:

My experience with AFLAC was short. A couple days training. Went to an established customer with the DM and helped write a couple policies, got a small split to pump me up. Told to write a bunch of policies for myself to generate some cash flow. Then taken to a street of businesses, let out and told to go from door to door and sell. I lasted a couple hours. My whole experience was a week. I hated it.

They do it this way on purpose.

Little to virtually no marketing cost on their part. No salaries, or lead generation costs. It's all on YOU!

Anything that is enrolled they keep when you wash out of the business.

Then they repeat it.

They do it this way on purpose.

Little to virtually no marketing cost on their part. No salaries, or lead generation costs. It's all on YOU!

Anything that is enrolled they keep when you wash out of the business.

Then they repeat it.

As do all the major insurance and financial companies. Most of them do the old throw it at the wall and see what stick recruiting game, and those that don't stick leave policies with all their friends and family they signed up as new agents.

AFLAC is a pyramid marketing scheme. It is like AMWAY on steroids. From the beginning you are encouraged to become management and bring new agents in under you.

AFLAC is a pyramid marketing scheme. It is like AMWAY on steroids. From the beginning you are encouraged to become management and bring new agents in under you.

As is every other insurance company. I have interviewed with more companies than I can count. They all play the same basic game. Become a DSM and get commission over rides on the agents that you bring in. Its no different than starting your own agency and contracting agents, you will take an override on them.

I have signed direct with many health and life insurance companies(Golden Rule, IL Mutual ect) and they assign a DSM or RSM to help you if you need it. I would expect that they get some kind of an over ride. There not there for you for free. You sell a health policy and get between 15% and 20% but you have no way of knowing what you really could have gotten and how many fingers are in the pot. This is just the nature of the game.

From time to time there are forum members that offer contracts with different companies, do they get some kind of an over ride? (Just curious)

As far as cold calling goes you have to generate leads and business some way. The best way is to get out there and let them know you are here to serve them.

AFLAC is a tough job but it teaches you that you have to get out there every day and work if you want to make money. Not to be insulting but if someone cant last a week cold calling at AFLAC how can you expect to last any where else or working as an independent.

I'm not on AFLAC's side but what do you call all of the national advertising they do?...Super Bowl ads aren't cheap.

Now that everybody but the business decision makers knows about AFLAC they need to turn the marketing dollars back to the agents and/or do some b2b marketing so the decision makers are requesting an AFLAC agent. I guess they hope employees will bug their employers for AFLAC enough that the employer will call the 800# or something.

national advertising

National advertising is branding, nothing else. It is not designed to sell anything, but rather create awareness.

Will some folks buy just based on an ad?

Yes, but not many.

AFLAC has brand awareness but the duck doesn't cause employers to flood the lines as "operators are standing by".

FWIW, of all the AFLAC ads I have seen, I still like the one with Yogi best.

Back