Cold Calling and more!

I guess you may like to take a break after making x number of calls, recharge yourself by making yourself some drink, have a quick chat with colleague or simply get out of your workplace to take some fresh air.

Look for opportunities to reward yourself if you manage to secure an appointment. A break or a little reward is all you need to make any tedious job less hectic and interesting.

What bothered me was that I was basically saying the same thing over and over again that if I heard on the other side I probably would say not interested also.
I appreciate your time
Thanks
Bob

"AFLAC...Ask about it at work"

Employees are supposed to ask their boss for it...sorry, but how many employees are going to do that? Not many and even if they do they're probably told something like "you already have coverage" or "you don't need that" or "we don't want to bother with it"....

I'm not familiar with the types of businesses in your area but you might want to start by just talking to those you currently do business with. Maybe local coffee shops or something. If there are certain employees at these places that you always talk to you might ask them what they have for disability insurance....and just have a conversation. They might just introduce you to their boss and go from there. Once you talk to the owner, make sure you ask for a referral-ask him/her who else you should be talking to about this. You may be referred to another coffee shop, or maybe one of their local distributors or something.
I think with AFLAC you may have better luck just showing up and having a conversation. Use the employees to find out what type of coverage they have. Also, some small businesses may not offer health insurance and this could at least offset that benefit (a little). Or if they have health insurance you can easily show them how the AFLAC plans can help offset the out of pocket expenses using everyday scenarios. (If you need examples, pm me and I can tell you about my claims.:))

You may want to target certain industries or types of companies. Locally, 2 AFLAC agents (partners) target only banks/financial services (incl. other insurance/investment offices). They seem to do very well. My contract with AFLAC is one that I refer business to them..they write everything up and I get a share of the commission. Before I was shoved back into being a f/t assistant at my office I was just breaking into this and then had to quit because I didn't have any time.

Just my 2 cents. Now if I could unchain myself from my desk, I could put my own advice to my work (see "effectively working from home...).

One of the many problems with AFLAC is the sheer numbers of agents on the street. The only way to make money there is to hire agents under you. It is a giant Pyramid scheme and a nightmare cold calling process. Quack.

You should try doing a zip code search for Farmers Insurance! I did a search for agents in my coded area, I was in the interview process. They're hip deep here in Whittier!

On the flip side, AFLAC agents aren't so pleantyful here, the closet one is about 23 miles away, at least according to the zip code search on the AFLAC site.

Perhaps over saturation is geographic specific?

A lot of agents are listed but aren't produtive (most carriers). A few are very productive. For P&C, there is enough business for an agent to be on virtually every street corner, 1 per block.

If I had all of the policies on the block I live on, home, auto, life, health, RV, boat, business, etc, I would be making a good living.

Dan

Hey Bob,

I am in Georgia and have a few things I could email you that we give and train our new guys to cold call with. Down here we consider cold calling as going door to door to businesses and telemarketing as per the phone but I do have a few things that would break the ice in cold calling if anyone is interested.
Merritt

I would like that infor also, [email protected]
thanks!:idea:

Try reading and buying some books. You can get free newsletters from such cold-calling expertsas Mike Brooks (Mr. Inside Sales) and Art Sobczak. They both sell mini-courses for $19-39.

Another guy I like is Bill GOOD who preaches to "pick the cherries, not the pits."

Good luck.

Most of them do the old throw it at the wall and see what stick recruiting game, and those that don't stick leave policies with all their friends and family they signed up as new agents.

AFLAC is a pyramid marketing scheme. It is like AMWAY on steroids. From the beginning you are encouraged to become management and bring new agents in under you.

Yes and Yes . . .

Become a DSM and get commission over rides on the agents that you bring in. Its no different than starting your own agency and contracting agents, you will take an override on them.

The only way . . .

"They pay you cash...which is the same as money."

Funny . . .

Another guy I like is Bill GOOD who preaches to "pick the cherries, not the pits."

Totally Awesome! Use this guy to learn to "choose".

Tom

Back