Cold Calling Sucks - But It Works

If you cold call for Personal ins might be hard since Allstate is 1 in 10 on win a client. you might want to try commercial insurance to business owners.
They have good rate on commercial auto and it might be good to get out of the office and visit the local business owners.

If you can't beat them on price, win with personality.
Don't quote when you know you're not going to win out...it'll kill the deal right away. Try to set an appointment over the phone and get in the home. Once there, push yourself. Let them know that you come with the policy. It may be a few dollars more each month, but should something ever come up, they have you on their side, at all times.

I thought that was Nationwide...:laugh:

Personally, we believe in auto dialers. If you have a short hot list of people you're suppose to call, or let's say you purchased 5 leads... manually dialing is just fine. In my opinion, anytime you're sitting down to prospect by dialing, use an auto dialer. It should be faster. Many of the dialers provide a CRM system to plug into which can help you tag call backs, or put notes in as you speak to your prospects.

One of the most successful agents at our agency simply talks to everyone around him when he's standing in line and tells them what he does casually in conversation. I tried it today. I have a car for sale and a guy called asking about it. I somehow brought up that I sell life insurance and set an appointment to talk about the car and the insurance at the same time. I need to remember to do that more often.

An agent who is good on the telephones can generate him/herself 1-2 solid leads for every hour spent cold calling. Increase your productivity with a predictive dialer, smile while you talk, talk like they talk, keep at it.

An agent who is good on the telephones can generate him/herself 1-2 solid leads for every hour spent cold calling. Increase your productivity with a predictive dialer, smile while you talk, talk like they talk, keep at it.

Talk like they talk? Emulate their accent/tone?

Talk like they talk? Emulate their accent/tone?

Yes, if they are calm and reserved, try and mirror them. If you are too energetic, they will have a hard time relating to you.

But also use unique words they use. Studies show that people have 2-3 words/phrases that they tend to use repeatedly in every minute of conversation. If you really listen, you will pick up on it. Then if you repeat those words back to them, most won't know what your doing, but they will start to feel comfortable with you and rapport is built.

Back