Cold Calling Trick

Lot's of great info and idea's on this thread. Do you guys buy lists from certain vendors? If so, who have you found to have the best most accurate lists for telemarketing? (accurate names, addresses, xdate)

Im new here and I like all the info that you guys are bringing to the table. Its good to know that we all have or have had the same problems. Good chat.

Last edited:
Privacy laws don't let me discuss private matters and I wouldn't want to violate their confidentiality. I promise to do the same with you.

And since you know them all, and I am going to be in the area, are there any of your neighbors you think I should call on first?:)

I never make appts. I hate appts. My belief is that if I don't make 'em they can't break 'em. I love getting in, writing and then going back to the office, dressing up my app, making coffee, teasing the secretary, etc...Often when you make an appt, the spouses make a pact of steel, like Hitler and Mussolini, not to buy anything whatever the salesman says. I believe that preneed or final is an impulse buy and I prefer to surprise them...To continue:
THEM: We've been kinda thinking about it.
OR
THEM We got that covererd.
OR
THEM No Thanks.
OR
THEM We got life insurance
OR
THEM (anything, doesn't matter)
ME: (ALL PURPOSE STATEMENT THAT YOU WILL LOVE THAT MOVES THE DOOR APPROACH) That's fine. That's all I needed to know. (You told them why you knocked on their door.That is, to find out who hadn't done any planning. Right? So this statement, that's all I need to know is a "hinge" in your approach.

What do you think so far....

I think you never did finish..what do you "hinge" to?

I think you never did finish..what do you "hinge" to?
If the buyer is set on not purchasing ... then agree with them, "I don't want you to make a purchase right now" ... because if they are set on disagreeing with you, then go to the extreme and usually a buyer will bring it back to reality .. "well if it makes sense we may buy today" etc.

Back