comm,,, must ahip and certs be done

PhxSunsFan

Guru
for exisiting clients for anthem uhc and centene,, must u still certify each year with ahip etc, to continue to receive commisions for current clients,,, ( not new clients)

I know United doesn’t require ahip . But are you sure on Aetna ? I’ve never heard that
Yes, I verified it yesterday.
...................................................................................................................

Hi Tom –

So you are required to recertify every year, but now we are offering a separate certification for those brokers that *only* sell Aetna that is supposed to be a shorter and easier way of getting that done. You only would need to complete AHIP *OR* the Aetna only certification. Here is a comparison of the two so you can decide which you want to do. If you sell for other carriers, or want CE credits, you will want to do AHIP, though:

Last edited:
Yes, I verified it yesterday.
...................................................................................................................

Hi Tom –

So you are required to recertify every year, but now we are offering a separate certification for those brokers that *only* sell Aetna that is supposed to be a shorter and easier way of getting that done. You only would need to complete AHIP *OR* the Aetna only certification. Here is a comparison of the two so you can decide which you want to do. If you sell for other carriers, or want CE credits, you will want to do AHIP, though:

Wow so technically in many parts of the country you could make a career selling just United and Aetna . But honestly ahip is not hard . Takes me 60 mins now . I can do the ahip and 5 company certs in 4-5 hrs total hrs . Took me 35 mins to do United’s

Wow so technically in many parts of the country you could make a career selling just United and Aetna . But honestly ahip is not hard . Takes me 60 mins now . I can do the ahip and 5 company certs in 4-5 hrs total hrs . Took me 35 mins to do United’s
I must not be as smart as you. Takes me longer and I hate it. I was about decided not to *** with AHIP/MA/PDP anymore. I never did much with it anyway and I don't want the headaches. I might still offer Aetna. They've got the best MAPD plans in my area.

Mercury and PCBII are watching and about to blow you up in 3, 2…

Mercury and PCBII are watching and about to blow you up in 3, 2…[/QUOTE

Next week when monthly renewals hit it reiterates why I went full steam into Medicare in addition to i really enjoy it .

Back