Compensation

im hopin to beat my hiring managers 257 in his first year:cool:

Your Hiring manager is claiming to have placed $257k in premium or 257 policies?

Either way that sounds like Complete BS First year numbers...

Infact, It wouldn't be to far fetched for me to say those are complete BS numbers for just about every insurance agent.

That face that he's claiming he did it his first year is really really suspicious.

Granted there are some big time producers but out of the 3% that do make it in this field that kind of production cant be more then maybe .1% of them or less.

Sounds like he's really feeding you a spoonful in my honest opinion.

I'd want to know just why he stopped selling if he did 257 apps or $257k in his first year. That just doesn't pass the smell test for me either. He was a superstar at that level of production. So why go chump the waters for guys that will fail in their first 90 to 180 days?

I'd want to know just why he stopped selling if he did 257 apps or $257k in his first year. That just doesn't pass the smell test for me either. He was a superstar at that level of production. So why go chump the waters for guys that will fail in their first 90 to 180 days?

All AD&D?

257 apps. Says so on his bio from nyl too. I don't see why the company would lie for him. Either way I know it's a crazy number. I'd be happy with 2 a week.

Point a) I despise "pity sales". Either it's a good idea, or it isn't. Don't buy something because you "want to give me a start". The purchase isn't about me. It is about you making good decisions. If you want to help me, make a good decision for your future that happens to involve a product that I offer.

However, you should be willing to prospect for rabbits, and you may get an elephant in the process. Hunt for elephants full-time, and you'll starve.

Point b) What does this have to do with you? Statistics are only relevant to the masses who quit before having and executing a solid prospecting and sales game plan.

If you keep looking for the agent graveyard, you will find it everywhere... in spades. (Pun intended.)

Point c) Turn it into your advantage as you communicate with prospects and clients. "Look, the company wants me to do x. However, you and I both know that we're smarter than this. So let me show you what I've got and you can judge it for yourself." Some kind of dialogue like this when dealing with prospects or referral sources would help show that you're "smarter than the company line".

Point d) They've lost their enthusiasm and are not being held accountable as they should. Not only is prospecting a "numbers game", but so is recruiting, teaching and training. If that person feels like they're only "going through the motions", it will show. That person probably needs a vacation, or to participate in a case that will re-awaken their passion for the business. Otherwise, they should get out of the training business.

You're obviously astute enough to observe these things. These things are in practically EVERY career agency.

The real questions are these:
- What are YOU going to do about it?
- If this is going to be consistent at most places, then what would be the defining difference to consider a change?

DHK, are you still glad to be at MOO?

Back