Constructive criticism about the forum

Re: contructive critisism about the forum

Colorado, I am guilty as charged. I get frustrated with the useless 2 cent comments that are posted, as I usually react to just that -stupid remarks. I also feel for new agents when someone who seems to be experienced is advising them to put door hangers out or to walk and talk. What is this 1966? It's a ridiculous waste of time. I constantly bash Crabcake Johnny for starting an organization to profit off of newbie agents. I think the effort is great, if it's free -just like this board. Great job buddy, hoodwink the newbies for $200 a pop! Whattaya got? A $1 discount on leads, some CRM info, and a whole lotta smoke to blow? What a joke.

So we have self proclaimed know it all, former car salesman chiming in left and right, who methodically tries to use PC verbiage to come off as couth. Then there's the peanut gallery of chimers that post smartass comments on a daily basis. They usually offer no help, just senseless jargon.

I am always trying to fight for the new guy by slamming the usual douchebags for posting crap. Look at my profile, most of the posts are reactive to nonsense. I have 35 agents that work with me in 4 states and two family members are executives with major carriers. I know damn well what's going on out there. This is what frustrates me the most. We have some idiots that left Mega 3-4 years ago and now know it all! My posts tend to be a hybrid of off the cuff and a bit righteous. We're all in this to learn more to earn more, right?

I think if you (all of us collectively) have something good to say or share, say it, share it! News, PR's, some inside expertise -awesome! You have a FACTUAL bit of info, an opinion that is intellectual, the real goods-fantastic! Otherwise, just sit back, keep your hands off that keyboard, and enjoy the forum.
:wacko:

Last edited:

I think if you (all of us collectively) have something good to say or share, say it, share it! News, PR's, some inside expertise -awesome! You have a FACTUAL bit of info, an opinion that is intellectual, the real goods-fantastic! Otherwise, just sit back, keep your hands off that keyboard, and enjoy the forum.
I think this is the first time I've responded any of your posts. I'll be positive with this.

It would be more helpful if you started posting helpful information rather than responding negatively to what others have to say.

In the past I might have pointed out that you do not own the forum, are relatively new here, and really are the second most (okay 3rd if you include me) annoying person here. Since you have so many issues with this forum, you are cordially invited to start your own.

Fortunately, I no longer post negatives so I'll just thank you for your opinion.

Rick

sorry guy but being a good insurance agent you have to read between the lines, learn,and take away the info that you are given......when I started in the biz I found no one was going to give me the up and up and everyone is lying to me from Met to National Financial.....but you know what....I did not have a site like this that agents were WILLING to give you free heads up.....sooooo......try starting in the insurance business before the internet and now......I will tell you one thing for sure....MEGA is selling alot less plans because of the net and I have helped many people stay in the bizz when back in my day no one would give me the time of day unless they were making a buck of me,,,,,,,,,and even then it was all one sided info.....

I think of Sti the same way I think of Bill O'Reilly. Sometimes he does have a lucid moment and this is one of them. Everyone knows I only post an objective viewpoint. Personally, after dealing with the public for 40 years, I am about brain dead. Please excuse me if I ever come down on anyone.

I like this forum. It is an example of the agents out there. Maybe we need to look at the forum as a support group, which is what it really is. Success has a lot to do with how to deal with adversity. Sticking with the forum will build character and that means more money.

Criticism is a reflection of oneself. Everything you see in others is what you are also. Remember, it takes one to know one.
:cool:

Colorado, I am guilty as charged. I get frustrated with the useless 2 cent comments that are posted, as I usually react to just that -stupid remarks. I also feel for new agents when someone who seems to be experienced is advising them to put door hangers out or to walk and talk. What is this 1966? It's a ridiculous waste of time. I constantly bash Crabcake Johnny for starting an organization to profit off of newbie agents. I think the effort is great, if it's free -just like this board. Great job buddy, hookwink the newbies for $200 a pop! Whattaya got? A $1 discount on leads, some CRM info, and a whole lotta smoke to blow? What a joke.

So we have self proclaimed know it all, former car salesman chiming in left and right, who methodically tries to use PC verbiage to come off as couth. Then there's the peanut gallery of chimers that post smartass comments on a daily basis. They usually offer no help, just senseless jargon.

I am always trying to fight for the new guy by slamming the usual douchebags for posting crap. Look at my profile, most of the posts are reactive to nonsense. I have 35 agents that work with me in 4 states and two family members are executives with major carriers. I know damn well what's going on out there. This is what frustrates me the most. We have some idiots that left Mega 3-4 years ago and now know it all! My posts tend to be a hybrid of off the cuff and a bit righteous. We're all in this to learn more to earn more, right?

I've been in the business now for almost 2 years. As I'm sure some of you know from researching me when you saw this post that I got my start with MW/Mega. (Not something that I am proud of thats for damn sure) I do not know everything in this business and I do not pretend to with my clients. Recently I decided to join up with "Crabcrack Johnny" and I have to admit that in the month or so I have been a part of his association of "newbie agents" it has been very beneficial to me. I have benefited in more ways than one from being a member. I've even made a few more sales because of it that I would not normaly have made.

And yes, we are all in this to earn more and learn more.......

Re: Secret nuclear facilities in Syria

Bashing...banter...backstabbing...sometimes it can be blurred.

Personally, I find all of that stuff rather entertaining. And my guess is that it encompasses only about 2% of the posts in the Forum. If it were 20%...I might feel differently. But the vast majority of posts are topic-related.

Maybe you could be more specific as to what posts or threads you are referring to. That may help.

Not to digress from the subject but am I the only one that noticed chumps change his title for his post? What the heck is that all about?
:goofy::goofy::goofy::mad::D:D:D:D

I used to be bothered by the bashing, and even got caught up in it sometimes, but they I found the magical Ignore Button.... My Life is much better now, THANK YOU IGNORE BUTTON!

Ignore button, applied directly to the douche bags...
Ignore button, applied directly to the douche bags...
Ignore button, I cant stand your commercials, but I love your product...
Ignore button applied directly to the douche bags....

What does that button do...actually blackout ignored peoples posts?

Geez, I hope you can read my post.

I've been in the business now for almost 2 years. As I'm sure some of you know from researching me when you saw this post that I got my start with MW/Mega. (Not something that I am proud of thats for damn sure) I do not know everything in this business and I do not pretend to with my clients. Recently I decided to join up with "Crabcrack Johnny" and I have to admit that in the month or so I have been a part of his association of "newbie agents" it has been very beneficial to me. I have benefited in more ways than one from being a member. I've even made a few more sales because of it that I would not normaly have made.

And yes, we are all in this to earn more and learn more.......

Well, you're in good company - over 450 members in 11 weeks so something's going right. Thanks for the nod. Not a single refund request from any member. Absoutely ignore negative people - they will drag you down - as is their intent.

Last edited:

I used to really be bothered by all the negativity and bashing. Long ago I realized that it is what it is. Many times the most successful people, those who have some real value to share, also believe that since their way worked for them, it is the only right way. This encourages people to fight for their positions and get their defenses up. Additionally, while it is far from a rule, many of the top people in sales, across all industries, are not exactly the warmest and fuzziest of people.

You really have to just take the good with the bad. If someone feels that the value they can extract from the forum outweighs the negativity, then they stay. If someone doesn't, then they leave. However it is silly to think that you could police all of the fights and negativity and still maintain all of the value that can be found in the forum. It took me a while to learn this, and it has been very helpful in fostering the growth of the forum. For every poster who leaves because they can't handle it, three more come because they find some nuggets in the additional posts. These days I usually only argue when I get attacked :)

The only real censoring I do is to occasionally change a vulgar word to other characters like $%#@# but it is usually not worthwhile to moderate or police arguments and nastiness, no matter how distasteful it is to me personally.

Back