Covered CA SCREWS Agents!

Duaine

Guru
100+ Post Club
Covered CA SCREWS agents! Find an Agent, click on the agent's name, click on "What Should I Know Before I Designate An Agent." You will be APPALLED!! We are being thrown under the bus!!

Alison GordonOwner, Alison Gordon Insurance Services, Inc.
"Designating an Agent to represent you is a decision that should be considered carefully.

Agents act on your behalf just as insurance agents do in the physical world. You'll be entrusting your Agent to understand your needs in choosing health insurance - whether you need to select plans to offer your employees or choose plans to cover you and your family. The Agent will be able to use your account to make health insurance purchasing decisions just as you would if you were acting on your own.

The first step is to find a Agent using Agent search. You then review a list of Agents, read more about them, and then select one that you can designate to act on your behalf. You may also want to call the Agent or search for the Agent on the public internet to find out more.

Once you designate an Agent, he or she can access your account, read and edit your personal information, select health insurance plans for you, and even purchase them and bill you for the purchase. So designate a Agent only after you do enough research and thinking. You need to be sure you're comfortable with the Agent who works with you." :no:

http://www.linkedin.com/groupAnswer...b_nd-pst_ttle-cn&fromEmail=&ut=0Nhh8sArSfuBY1

Why did Covered California bestow agents with that much potential authority to begin with? We can't do anything remotely approaching what that Alison Gordon is harping about. (At least here in 2013 I can't)

It just occurred to me that since Alison Gordon is the owner of the mentioned agency, she's probably just be blowing things out of proportion to get her agency's name out there, while scaring gullible people into looking her up.

Why did Covered California bestow agents with that much potential authority to begin with? We can't do anything remotely approaching what that Alison Gordon is harping about. (At least here in 2013 I can't)

It just occurred to me that since Alison Gordon is the owner of the mentioned agency, she's probably just be blowing things out of proportion to get her agency's name out there, while scaring gullible people into looking her up.

I thought only Tater had those powers? :D

DC exchange operates the same way. In DC you also HAVE to apply through the exchange, no carrier-direct apps. Really, really stupid.

In the CA exchange, when ever someone clicks to use an agent to enroll this message comes up warning people to be careful if you are thinking about using an agent. No such warning when selecting a Certified Enrollment Counselor (similar to Navigator in CA)

Designating an Agent to represent you is a decision that should be considered carefully.
Agents act on your behalf just as insurance agents do in the physical world. You'll be entrusting your Agent to understand your needs in choosing health insurance - whether you need to select plans to offer your employees or choose plans to cover you and your family. The Agent will be able to use your account to make health insurance purchasing decisions just as you would if you were acting on your own.
The first step is to find a Agent using Agent search. You then review a list of Agents, read more about them, and then select one that you can designate to act on your behalf. You may also want to call the Agent or search for the Agent on the public internet to find out more.
Once you designate an Agent, he or she can access your account, read and edit your personal information, select health insurance plans for you, and even purchase them and bill you for the purchase. So designate a Agent only after you do enough research and thinking. You need to be sure you're comfortable with the Agent who works with you.

May 9, 2014

Congratulations Covered California agents. Without you, your exchange would have been a flop!

Story: Agents played key role in California's Obamacare enrollment*-*Los Angeles Times

Covered CA transitioned from "screwing" you early on, to appreciating you later in Open Enrollment? I hope the rest of the country (and HHS/CMS!) is taking notes.
ac

Outstanding Article......Thanks for posting Ac.

Texas numbers would have been much higher had the Local Politicos Not went on TV during OE touting Repeal........very irresponsible behavior. Oh well that's just more for me to write next time.

Last I checked, Texas was like number 3 in enrollments in the nation. looking for a scapegoat for poor production? Plus, who listens to republicans.......I guess everyone in texas. Seems to me that the liberal anti agent attitude and poor rollout hampered enrollments in California

Last edited:
Back