Covered CA SCREWS Agents!

Last I checked, Texas was like number 3 in enrollments in the nation. looking for a scapegoat for poor production? Plus, who listens to republicans.......I guess everyone in texas. Seems to me that the liberal anti agent attitude and poor rollout hampered enrollments in California

So now you're attacking my production? Ok Yagents whatever.....

Compare TX to FL......They wrote more and had less eligibles than TX.

And what are you talking about CA.....they freakin slayed it man!

Last edited:
So now you're attacking my production? Ok Yagents whatever.....

Compare TX to FL......They wrote more and had less eligibles than TX.

And what are you talking about CA.....they freakin slayed it man!

Yeah, we enrolled about as many people as lost their insurance because apparently they didn't like their current plan and doctor.

Rick

MLR? That just allows carriers to increase profit by paying more for medical expenses, doesn't allow the DOI to make rates look good.

That's really all it is. In NY, they're allowed to do what is being proposed in CA.

Essentially, rate increases up to a certain amount (I believe it's <10%/year) are automatically approved. Anything higher is subject to "rate review", which is essentially the DOI disregarding hundreds of pages of support for a rate request, and handing them a 9.x% increase, or half of the requested amount, whichever they feel like.

They want to prevent sticker shock, and keep rates "competitive". They could care less if those rates are "sustainable".

If rates are higher than they should have been, they have to refund the difference.

If rates are lower than they should of been, they eat the loss.

If rates are higher than they should have been, they have to refund the difference.

If rates are lower than they should of been, they eat the loss.

Are subsidized clients eligible for an MLR rebate, the same as off-exchange buyers? ie. Joe pays $1.50 a month in premium but could receive a $175 rebate from his insurer this fall?
ac

Are subsidized clients eligible for an MLR rebate, the same as off-exchange buyers? ie. Joe pays $1.50 a month in premium but could receive a $175 rebate from his insurer this fall?
ac

That's a really good question.

Aren't the MLR rebates though based on the previous year? So August 2014 checks are based on 2013 numbers. Correct? Ferris? Anyone?

Back