Covered CA SCREWS Agents!

May 9, 2014

Congratulations Covered California agents. Without you, your exchange would have been a flop!

Story: Agents played key role in California's Obamacare enrollment*-*Los Angeles Times

Covered CA transitioned from "screwing" you early on, to appreciating you later in Open Enrollment? I hope the rest of the country (and HHS/CMS!) is taking notes.
ac

So "appreciated" that we still haven't been paid a dime on SHOP plans. CAHU had to get involved because CC directed their reps not to speak with agents for a few weeks. Mysterious "glitches" caused the entire app to get sent to the carrier, minus just the broker information. Didn't get a dedicated broker line until halfway through OE.

Progress was made, but extremely slowly and we're still not where we need to be.

even with all those roadblocks and a late start you guys kicked ass. If I were you I would "negotiate" a higher commission.

My agency is near Seattle WA. The WA state exchange was horrible, but was told it was one of the top ones...

They only had 4 agent customer support reps for 5,000 agents. I'm meeting with an Exchange director next week to give them some front line tips on 2015 improvements.

I have 300 clients in my exchange (about 50 are Medicaid where I don't get paid). Then have a good book outside the exchange as well.

The Non-Exchange plans usually pay slightly better commissions and are easier to set up.

Back