Critique My Frontpage

the front page is the best part.

I know you were only asking about the front page, but I figured I'd click through.

when i click through to the other pages they are very difficult to read.

the font size is small. the color is grey on a blu-ish background, which makes it even harder to read. And, everything is single-spaced, which makes it even harder.

plus, why not have some pictures of you and your staff?

If you like the web site then it is probably fine. The site is an extension of YOU. When people land there they are going to make a snap-judgment about the kind of agent you are and the kind of agency you run. You didn't ask for my opinion, so I won't reveal it... and it makes no difference anyway. YOU need to be happy with it, not other agents. You might want to ask total strangers who don't regularly see agent sites (like we all do here) and get their opinion.

Two suggestion are that you should put a blank line between your paragraphs and use a larger font if you insist on the dark blue gradient background.

Al
www.insol123.com

I just went through your site al, and I have to say that you seem like a nice guy. There I said it!..............LOL

In all seriousness al, your site is good. Keep up the great work.

As far as the OP; I think all of the suggestions that were made would make for a better site, and a more enjoyable read. Have a good day!

I may have said this already, the content is a work in progress. The pictures are forthcoming and the suggestion about the typo's etc was so that I might go in and fiddle with that stuff to get the best affect.

Al, I am in agreement with your thoughts. I was mainly thinking about suggestions on the functionality/layout aspects.

I actually wanted the name/logo much smaller with more emphasis on what the client may be looking for. Who really gives a care about my name ?

Who really gives a care about my name ?

Well, I'd counter by saying THAT is what you want them to remember.

Word to the wise. You are selling YOU... not insurance. You don't need to give someone a reason to buy insurance, you need to give them a reason to buy it from YOU.

All the rest (of the site) is commentary.

Al
Preserve your memories

Web guy just finished up my front page and is now starting on the content portion of one of my sites. I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on any ways you think I could improve on this. I actually thought the button layout would accomodate the shopper who knows exactly what they're looking for. Like I said, the content is a "work in progress" Williams Agency: Your Professional Independant Insurance Agency ultimately, I will be driving traffic to this site for auto/home business primarily.

Two critiques:

1. More white space.

2. Fewer testimonials, with more available on request. Then keep rotating them.

I just went through your site al, and I have to say that you seem like a nice guy. There I said it!..............LOL.......

Just remember looks and impressions can be deceiving. :yes:

Actually I think Al is a pretty nice guy but he enjoys a good argument. But then again I have been wrong before. :twitchy:

Looks good 2 things to mention about it:
  1. More content on home page (i am sure you have heard that one before though)
  2. Change the page titles of the other pages to have a description of the page not just some page id #. This will help you tremendously in the search engines!
Great Job!

Thanks for the input Al, I have been branding ME for 23 years, but I'm approaching the internet crowd more from their "What's in it for me" perspective. I'm tempted to believe that the internet shoppers don't give a rat's behind about Dan or his community activities, sponsorships, loyalties, etc. they want a low price and to move on. They're busy... dont you know?

Time may prove me wrong.....we'll see

More White space I agree wholeheartedly
Fewer Testimonials ??? Nah, they need spaced, edited, etc but I think that pages and pages of testimonials gives a great snapshot of happy clients...I'm guessing they aren't reading much besides the numbers anyhow.....

WE are still in an area with a lot of dial up connections:swoon: so I skipped the video intro for now.....it's planned for 2010 along with some video testimonials from clients

Latest posts

Back