Critique My Frontpage

1manshow

Guru
1000 Post Club
Pa
Web guy just finished up my front page and is now starting on the content portion of one of my sites. I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on any ways you think I could improve on this. I actually thought the button layout would accomodate the shopper who knows exactly what they're looking for. Like I said, the content is a "work in progress" Williams Agency: Your Professional Independant Insurance Agency ultimately, I will be driving traffic to this site for auto/home business primarily.

Very nice....colorful, vibrant.

I would put content on my homepage instead just a bunch of buttons and links. You can always put those buttons/links on the navigation bars.

Looks nice, but I'd probably lose the mirrored effect of the text in each box. Doesn't really serve a purpose and makes things harder to read.

Yes, very nice concept... however, LESS is MORE... I'm sure you have heard it before.

There is a lot going on with the home page and I am just not sure that you need everything on that page. If you could condense some of it to appear after another click, and client has expressed some interest in knowing "all that", that would be better, IMO.

But the colors are good, and impact is good. Definitely a professional look.

For the purpose of credibility, I would put a physical address on the contact page as well as a fax number. Web sites that have no physical address IMO give rise to suspicion.

Looks nice, but I'd probably lose the mirrored effect of the text in each box. Doesn't really serve a purpose and makes things harder to read.

Good point, I agree!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
For the purpose of credibility, I would put a physical address on the contact page as well as a fax number. Web sites that have no physical address IMO give rise to suspicion.

Good point, I agree!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I like your front page. I would suggest that you have something that indcates that they can save on their premiums. Something that would indicate that if they enter your site they may be able to SAVE money now. This is what GEICO says:

biggecko1_doyouknow.gif

Last edited:
Looks nice but needs some content on first page...not just links. I also agree about the phone number and address mentioned by "arnguy." Great start though! Good luck!

Thanks for the comments, the mirrored look will be gone shortly. The name, address and content was on the "to do" list already

Never done the blog thing before.... any suggestions there ? I was thinking of having the web guy take my quarterly newsletter content and format it into the blog....good, bad ?

Lots of work to do yet and then off to the SEO guy ! Going to try to add self-service options in the future....pay your bill here, do an app online,etc

Oh yeah, any of you techie guys know if I would be able to edit content myself after the web guy is done. Little stuff like bold type, fixing typos, copywriting crap to make things read better ?

If you like the web site then it is probably fine. The site is an extension of YOU. When people land there they are going to make a snap-judgment about the kind of agent you are and the kind of agency you run. You didn't ask for my opinion, so I won't reveal it... and it makes no difference anyway. YOU need to be happy with it, not other agents. You might want to ask total strangers who don't regularly see agent sites (like we all do here) and get their opinion.

Two suggestion are that you should put a blank line between your paragraphs and use a larger font if you insist on the dark blue gradient background.

Al
www.insol123.com

Back