CSI Life Underwriting Pains

socal401

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Has anyone else had terrible underwriting experiences with them lately? The last med supp app I submitted they requested information from THREE different doctors AND the app sat in underwriting for about 45 days! :mad:

I had another app where they requested information from the doctor as well.

Overall they have been very unpredictable with their underwriting. May have to put them on back burner for a while. :twitchy:

Has anyone else had terrible underwriting experiences with them lately? The last med supp app I submitted they requested information from THREE different doctors AND the app sat in underwriting for about 45 days! :mad:

I had another app where they requested information from the doctor as well.

Overall they have been very unpredictable with their underwriting. May have to put them on back burner for a while. :twitchy:

Warren's not going to be happy about that.:no:

Their turnaround times are disgraceful. I had to move one applicant's effective date back 2 months because it took 50+ days in underwriting. Their official line from two different underwriters is "we're a little backed up".

Their turnaround times are disgraceful. I had to move one applicant's effective date back 2 months because it took 50+ days in underwriting. Their official line from two different underwriters is "we're a little backed up".

I have them, but have never found a use for them. I thought I was going to use them last year for a guy with CHF, but he was too short for his weight.

I have had some issues with them being behind on a couple of my applications and also being sticklers on a couple items but probably no more than I have had with any other carrier.

CSI Life definitely takes a little while longer to issue an app, last I heard their mix of business on the books is 86% underwritten.

They'll consider CHF if it's been 2 years and no issues in the last year related to CHF or heart disease. The question on the app looks back 3 years (in UT, it's still CSI)but it's not an automatic decline if they answer yes.

They'll consider CHF if it's been 2 years and no issues in the last year related to CHF or heart disease. The question on the app looks back 3 years (in UT, it's still CSI)but it's not an automatic decline if they answer yes.

Thanks for the info. I will have to look at them a little more closely. Would they be rated if they have it, or is it either approved or not?

Back