CUL Dental has it changed that much ?

When I said they were weak on vision. I was referring to UNL...or anybody really. I don't consider a $200 benefit every other year to be strong. The lady I just referred to is going to get a spare pair.

Does UNL allow reimbursement for an eye exam every year?

Does the deductible you mentioned apply to combined dental and vision expenses for the year?

edit-----
the reason I asked, I think eye exam every year and glasses every other year was a pretty standard coverage in the group vision plans we had over the years.
end edit---

Last edited:
The only company that I know of that pays on actual charges is UNL. They're weak on vision and have no hearing aid coverage. They do pay 80% from day one and go up to $2,000 a year.

I have a client that told me she's thinking about using Aspen Dental for some major work. I reminded her about Usual and Customary charges. I told her that I think Aspen's expensive, so have Aspen call Manhattan to see what they'll pay BEFORE she has the work done, because I don't want her to have a heart attack when she sees the bill.

If I was going to offer something other than Manhattan, it would be UNL or UCT, but neither one of them has a pool of money. To me, that's what makes Manhattan's DVH stand out. :yes:
Who is UNL?

When I got CUL, it was $25, and now its $30. Im gonna get Lasik soon, then just get an ordinary dental plan with Delta, or I may try UNL.

If your teeth are in pretty good shape and you are just doing insurance for "young person" basic cleaning and the remote risk of accident-If individual Delta coverage there is like Kansas, you may find it to be pretty expensive.

If you do any cost and/or network comparisons for Delta and UNL, I'd be interested in a pm. (no promises there.)

Also, don't forget that Medicare Advantage plans (although they aren't supposed to be sold on Value Added benefits like dental, hearing, vision) can help out with these costs as well.

I know this isn't a vision plan, but for some you might find it helpful to mention to clients to consider getting their eyeglasses direct from a place like Zenni Optical:

Glasses – Glasses Online – Prescription Glasses | Zenni Optical

My wife got a pretty basic pair of prescription glasses (frames and lenses) mainly to use at night for $12 shipped directly to our house. I've had co-workers who have purchased from there as well and been pleased. Obviously you can spend more, but since they manufacture their own glasses they cut out the middle-man.

ReSpecacle is another place you might want to check out if for some reason a person can't afford new glasses. They basically recycle glasses and anybody can get up to 3 free pairs shipped to them per calendar year:

ReSpectacle

Does UNL allow reimbursement for an eye exam every year?

Does the deductible you mentioned apply to combined dental and vision expenses for the year?

edit-----
the reason I asked, I think eye exam every year and glasses every other year was a pretty standard coverage in the group vision plans we had over the years.
end edit---
Yes, up to $50 a year.

Yes one combined deductable.

When they changed to a stand alone plan, rather than a rider...they put a lot of limitations and maximums on the plan that weren't there before. It's no longer a good plan and over priced in my opinion. I've tossed it in the garbage. I kept one brochure/outline for the sake of reference.

Also, don't forget that Medicare Advantage plans (although they aren't supposed to be sold on Value Added benefits like dental, hearing, vision) can help out with these costs as well.

I know this isn't a vision plan, but for some you might find it helpful to mention to clients to consider getting their eyeglasses direct from a place like Zenni Optical:

Glasses – Glasses Online – Prescription Glasses | Zenni Optical

My wife got a pretty basic pair of prescription glasses (frames and lenses) mainly to use at night for $12 shipped directly to our house. I've had co-workers who have purchased from there as well and been pleased. Obviously you can spend more, but since they manufacture their own glasses they cut out the middle-man.

ReSpecacle is another place you might want to check out if for some reason a person can't afford new glasses. They basically recycle glasses and anybody can get up to 3 free pairs shipped to them per calendar year:

ReSpectacle
Yeah, but sometimes they mess up. :err:
2_2_41.png

Back