CUL Dental has it changed that much ?

Also, don't forget that Medicare Advantage plans (although they aren't supposed to be sold on Value Added benefits like dental, hearing, vision) can help out with these costs as well.

I know this isn't a vision plan, but for some you might find it helpful to mention to clients to consider getting their eyeglasses direct from a place like Zenni Optical:

Glasses – Glasses Online – Prescription Glasses | Zenni Optical

My wife got a pretty basic pair of prescription glasses (frames and lenses) mainly to use at night for $12 shipped directly to our house. I've had co-workers who have purchased from there as well and been pleased. Obviously you can spend more, but since they manufacture their own glasses they cut out the middle-man.

ReSpecacle is another place you might want to check out if for some reason a person can't afford new glasses. They basically recycle glasses and anybody can get up to 3 free pairs shipped to them per calendar year:

ReSpectacle
Good info. thanks

Check out new SureBridge plan Prime DVH. No waiting periods for preventive or basic dental. Uses U&C but they benchmark at the 75th percentile and include a pretty large network so it's really a non issue.

When I got CUL, it was $25, and now its $30. Im gonna get Lasik soon, then just get an ordinary dental plan with Delta, or I may try UNL.
UNL's $1,500 plan will run you $27.42 a month. That has weak vision and no hearing aid coverage, along with many limitations that weren't there before.

Do any of these plans include dental implants? I've had several seniors ask about these lately as they don't want dentures. They run about $1,000 per tooth. I've also suggested they look into the dental clinics where the work is done for a fraction of the cost.

The only ones I know that do are Spirit Dental and Ameritas, and both pay really low commissions. Before anyone starts with, " I do what's best by my client," it's not really worth it, IMHO for the anount of service work involved.

Probably the best bet would be to enroll in a dental discount plan with dpbrokers.com. You can also add a vision rider and several of the plans offer discounts for implants with no waiting period. They do pay a small commission and they have sales all the time on the yearly enrollment fee.

Do any of these plans include dental implants? I've had several seniors ask about these lately as they don't want dentures. They run about $1,000 per tooth. I've also suggested they look into the dental clinics where the work is done for a fraction of the cost.

The only ones I know that do are Spirit Dental and Ameritas, and both pay really low commissions. Before anyone starts with, " I do what's best by my client," it's not really worth it, IMHO for the anount of service work involved.

Probably the best bet would be to enroll in a dental discount plan with dpbrokers.com. You can also add a vision rider and several of the plans offer discounts for implants with no waiting period. They do pay a small commission and they have sales all the time on the yearly enrollment fee.

Some might, but of course higher premiums and the max benefit would be lucky if it would cover one.
I literally just got a text from a client who has been on CUL for 2 years, her last check from them was a whole $12 and she asked today what they would cover for a D6052. She doesn’t need an implant, only to fix the clasp and CUL doesn’t cover it.
I’m just going back to being done with recommending any dental plan

I have two friends who just turned 50. They both are considering retirement in five years (one is a State employee, the other's husband works for a county). At 30 years they can get a good package.

I told them to talk to a FA first because neither has a LTC plan in place and besides medical, major dental work may also be a huge expense. This meeting may open their eyes as they're in la-la land right now.

At $1k (or more) per tooth implant most dental plans will cover maybe 1 tooth per year. With waiting periods, low reimbursement is it really worth buying dental insurance?

Two challenges with discount plans.

As a general rule, the only dentists that participate are new (inexperienced) and willing to do anything to drive traffic . . . including offering deep discounts on their work.

Discount plans have no oversight, no adjudication. Patient has no way of knowing if the recommended work is needed or not. No way of knowing if the treatment plan is being prolonged to generate more billable services.

My business model is Medigap and only Medigap. Simple. Rare to get complaints.

Dental plans are drama. Something I don't need in my life.

Latest posts

Back