Do you have a pressing legal question?

Let's keep it simple. If anyone has a legal question make the call. If not don't call.

I really don't want to go into a back and forth but does the Forrester plan offer 24/7/365 access? After hours and holiday emergency. Access? If given a traffic ticket does their plan offer the ability to take a pic of the ticket and send it directly to the provider law firm?

Often on this forum when someone pitches something fishy or shaky, they say something like that. "I don't want to hear a bunch of back and forth", or, "let's not debate this", or something like that. That's because they want to make their dangerous or harmful post and hope no one questions it, and takes the bait.

As an Licensed Agent, I only sell products that are regulated by the State or Feds. When the sale of a "non-insurance product" stems from the sale or solicitation of an Insurance Product; many states impose a higher regulatory standard, and the DOI can even get involved in the case of a complaint.

And you better check your carrier contracts before signing up. Because some have clauses about agents soliciting non-insurance products to clients after the insurance sale.

And of course your E&O does not cover it. Just take a look at all the complaints out there. Just 2 stars on ConsumerAffairs & 3 stars on TrustPilot. And many of the bad reviews talk about financial damages because of the service....

I cant imagine any serious professional who would take on that amount of risk for such a small reward. Not to mention just the moral standpoint of having pissed off clients.

Just as a side note there are insurance agents and agencies who do offer the memberships but mostly as a group benefit to businesses.

Also in some states there are licensing requirements to market memberships per the insurance commission. Usually a P/C
license.

As yet another MLM, Legal Shield has more in common with Herbalife or Scentsy than it does with legal matters.

As with any MLM, it is not about providing a product to the consumer. It's about developing your downline.
Because your downlines are the consumers. Few outside an MLM opportunity itself, buy the products.

Just as a side note there are insurance agents and agencies who do offer the memberships but mostly as a group benefit to businesses.

Also in some states there are licensing requirements to market memberships per the insurance commission. Usually a P/C
license.

Your right, I have seen it offered in the group space as well. Semi common in large groups, especially for blue collar workers.

Imo, that carries a lot less liability than selling it on an individual basis. The employer is the one who decided to pitch it to employees in that scenario, not the agent. jmo

Out of curiosity, do you know of any instances of LS reps being sued by clients because of issues with the service?

----

Are you saying that some states require a P&C license to rep LegalShield?

Your right, I have seen it offered in the group space as well. Semi common in large groups, especially for blue collar workers.

Imo, that carries a lot less liability than selling it on an individual basis. The employer is the one who decided to pitch it to employees in that scenario, not the agent. jmo

Out of curiosity, do you know of any instances of LS reps being sued by clients because of issues with the service?

----

Are you saying that some states require a P&C license to rep LegalShield?

Of course there have been some law suits but of course I dont know details but lets remember all companies run into issues be it agents or companies. Yet as an induvidual I havent heard to much of anything about associate and member direct issues..

As for licensing. Its either just paying a fee to the respective state or the required test..With most states or many there are no licensing requirements..

That being said some states that did require licencing has dropped the requirement.,

Oh yea.,Also the membership is month to month so people can drop at will if not satisfied.

Back