Does Agency Name Matter?

On a less green note, I worked with a friend on our first name and logo... we had a good idea but it is too long and too hard to remember. Seems like 2 to 3 syllables works well for a name... and a simple logo. Think McD's, Nike, Target, things like that. Simple, elegant, professional and something that rolls off your tongue and looks good on a business card stuck on your next client's fridge.

One of them actually formed the country's first mutual insurance company.
Yep. Crazy Ben.:goofy:
Ben-Franklin-Kite-Experiment-77498.gif

First, as it applies to the state in which you establish your business, you may have to run it past the DOI and/or the department of business affairs. Each has its own rules and regulations. When I moved to NC from PA, I had to change the name of my 30+ year old company because there was a firm with that name in the state already. Also, when I formed a company here in NC, I had to run it past not only the DOI but the Secretary of State. Again, each had to approve the name.

As for the name you select, if you are staying local and focusing in a niche area, it may behoove you to keep the agency name simple; like your own name. However, if you are specializing in say employee benefits, you may wish to choose a name that more closely allies you with your chosen specialty.

In the end, you need to keep in mind that it is your brand that you are creating so whatever you select, you need to promote it with pride. Best of luck!

Back