Does ANY Med Supp Company Offer Plan G As a GI Option?

wehotex

Guru
1000 Post Club
Houston, Tex
TEXAS - I went out to a home and phoned the Continental Life rep if I could sign up this couple for Plan G and was told "YES". I now received an e-mail that says "NO". I think that the husband could pass UW, but am not sure about the wife since she either has Parkinson's or suffered a stroke a few years back. I don't think that they would mind paying Plan F for her, but would like to find her a Plan G, if possible. If they both start as Plan F, then I suppose that we could start the UW process to find out if they qualify for Plan G? Starting out with Plan G would be easier. GI situation is that Mr lost his group coverage on Dec 1 due to termination (downsizing).

TEXAS - I went out to a home and phoned the Continental Life rep if I could sign up this couple for Plan G and was told "YES". I now received an e-mail that says "NO". I think that the husband could pass UW, but am not sure about the wife since she either has Parkinson's or suffered a stroke a few years back. I don't think that they would mind paying Plan F for her, but would like to find her a Plan G, if possible. If they both start as Plan F, then I suppose that we could start the UW process to find out if they qualify for Plan G? Starting out with Plan G would be easier. GI situation is that Mr lost his group coverage on Dec 1 due to termination (downsizing).

https://www.medicare.gov/supplement...gap/when-can-i-buy-medigap.html#collapse-2510

If Mr and Mrs have not enrolled in part B prior to Dec, would they not be in an open enrollment period for any Medigap they choose?

https://www.aetnaseniorproducts.com/assets/pdf/ToolsAndTraining/GuaranteedIssuePlanAvailability.pdf :no:

https://www.medicare.gov/supplement...gap/when-can-i-buy-medigap.html#collapse-2510

If Mr and Mrs have not enrolled in part B prior to Dec, would they not be in an open enrollment period for any Medigap they choose?

I left their paperwork at home, but I think that each has been enrolled in Part A AND B for a while (not new).

----------

Yep. Thanks. I just read this in your previous post.

I would be surprised if any company offers Plan G as a GI except in those cases in which it is mandated by law. That is the most competitive plan for most carriers. (My guess is that those states in the document that was posted that have Plan G and/or Plan N as GI are the result of state laws that go beyond the federal law.)

I think there are some agreements within the BCBS association that may allow switching from one medigap plan to one in another state without UW, but I haven't dealt with that in a long time. And I may be thinking of switching from a Blue group plan and not from another medigap. That's mainly the scenario that I used to deal with.

I haven't looked at the Blue TX app in a while, But I remember they were easier then most to get approved, Although not GI like in ILL.

Also Parkinson's or stroke makes a difrence if there are no other issues and all ADL's are there,

I am working on a Equitable now for someone stroke just over 2 years ago. The only issue is equitable thought she said she had pre-diabieties on underwriting call when in fact she answered no I don't have diabetes I don't even have pre-diabeties, Now I am working on getting a doctor letter to clear the diabetes and they said they would approve.

Another option if she is within 3 years of part B maybe AARP plan N

I haven't looked at the Blue TX app in a while, But I remember they were easier then most to get approved, Although not GI like in ILL.

Also Parkinson's or stroke makes a difrence if there are no other issues and all ADL's are there,

I am working on a Equitable now for someone stroke just over 2 years ago. The only issue is equitable thought she said she had pre-diabieties on underwriting call when in fact she answered no I don't have diabetes I don't even have pre-diabeties, Now I am working on getting a doctor letter to clear the diabetes and they said they would approve.

Another option if she is within 3 years of part B maybe AARP plan N

Yeah, if she's diabetic you can forget Equitable. They tightened up a couple of years ago on diabetes with a heart condition. They'll still take diabetes with HBP as long as no more than 2 meds for each.

Yeah, if she's diabetic you can forget Equitable. They tightened up a couple of years ago on diabetes with a heart condition. They'll still take diabetes with HBP as long as no more than 2 meds for each.

She not though they asked jer the question 2 x, The lady got annoyed and said I am not even prediabeties, She got marked down as saying she is prediabetic,She is getting a letter from Doc next Week, Equitable said they would Take her with Letter

She not though they asked jer the question 2 x, The lady got annoyed and said I am not even prediabeties, She got marked down as saying she is prediabetic,She is getting a letter from Doc next Week, Equitable said they would Take her with Letter

That's good that it can be straightened out. I like dealing with Equitable. They have a nice website and you can even look up claims paid. I just wish they were competitive.

That's good that it can be straightened out. I like dealing with Equitable. They have a nice website and you can even look up claims paid. I just wish they were competitive.

I like dealing with them as well, Got a deal in Tx today, I wasn't appointed in tx for equitable I called and they added it within an Hour I was able to do Eapp

Back