Domain Names

You just need a catchy name that hasn't been taken already. Billions of possibilities. This thread made me go and register one myself.

Just brainstorm. Write down a bunch of weird names and most of them will be available. The one I took this morning was a real obvious one. I can't believe it wasn't taken. Here are some I didn't use.

www.insureorama.com (insure-O-Rama because everything with o-rama is good)

www.poindexterinsurance.com (the name Poindexter just makes me laugh)

www.insuranceforcheapskates.com (This damm cheapskate doesn't even have insurance yet!)

www.droppingratesinsurance.com (A cool logo with rates dropping down on the agents head. very cool and visual)

www.shopuslastinsurance.com (shop us last! Nobody keeps shopping after you sell them what they need.)

I refused to do a dot org, dot net, or anything else besides dot com! Primarily because of the fact that most people will always put a dot com after a web name they see or run across.

So let's say you start a dot net insurance website, dot com was open but you decide against it. If I were a competitor I'd nab that dot com up pretty darn quick.

Another thing, if you do go with a dot org, dot net, dot whatever besides dot com, be sure to check the other extensions to make sure there is not a competitor who is using one of those. I guarantee you will lose business because of it.

There is another little BCBS outfit here in CO that uses my DBA as well. I've actually gotten calls from people thinking I was them, I'm sure it goes the other way as well! The fact is though I got the dot com and dot org!!

I do 100% of my business through online marketing.

The .com only matters if you are doing print advertising or leaving the message on voicemails.

If you are planning to do pay per click or other forms of online advertising then it doesn't matter if your domain name is IsellBadInsurance.whatever
because people will be clicking on a link.

Most are athlete names

Bet you can sell PeteRose.com real cheap. Expect a spike in BarryBonds.com but then a drop off.

JoseConseco.com & MarkMcGwire.com are probably bargain basement.

How much you selling TonyGwynn.com for?

He & CalRipken.com are real class acts in my book.

Bet you can sell PeteRose.com real cheap. Expect a spike in BarryBonds.com but then a drop off.

JoseConseco.com & MarkMcGwire.com are probably bargain basement.

How much you selling TonyGwynn.com for?

He & CalRipken.com are real class acts in my book.

I do not own any of those. Actually, PeteRose.com would sell for quite a bit. You never know about Barry Bonds. If he breaks the record, he'll be in the news for a long time.

Back