Domain Names

Getting ready to build a web site. Is there an advantage to having 10 to 20 domain names pointing to the same site? After trying to find a name to register, I tried over 500 combinations, I decided to purchase a name on the secondary market, I bought FULL BENEFITS.com. I did find many other names that would work as well, I was just curious, if anybody has more than one name, or web site for their business. I was thinking it would be like having 10 mini agents selling for me 24/7/365. Maybe, my eyes are bigger than my stomach.

.org is reputable, but don't you have to be a 501(c)3 to get it?

.net seems like it's becoming more acceptable as we run out of .com possibilities.

.us doesn't sound so bad. Other countries use their initials instead of .com, and it seems perfectly legit (.gr, .uk, .fr, etc.).

.biz sounds sleazy.

There's also a stigma depending on the host. In college, I wasn't allowed to use anything labeled .geocities.com as a source for a paper, because professors said that reputable research organizations, companies, and schools would never resort to a Geocities host.

Then, there's the whole AOL debacle. I've had a personal AOL address for 8 years, and never knew until recently that many people consider AOL users technologically inept. Huh? Well, fine. I feel the same about Yahoo users! So, there!

Bottom line -- stick with .com. You can't go wrong.

I don't think you have to be a 501(c)(3) organization to use .org. I know of a painting contractor that uses .org because the name of his company is a biblical term. As far as a know, the owner and the employees are "born again" Christians, but they definitely are not a non-profit organization.:arghh:

I don't think you have to be a 501(c)(3) organization to use .org. I know of a painting contractor that uses .org because the name of his company is a biblical term. As far as a know, the owner and the employees are "born again" Christians, but they definitely are not a non-profit organization.:arghh:

I know the Boss is coming off a Tequila drinking binge from last night, but he did mean to say, "As far as I know," not, "As far as a know,."

I might be one of the few that do not have a website, as I have not had the need. However, I think that I am going to do so, since I am offering some other life products.

Now, I do not know anything about building a website, except for the free goecities one I have for my son so my parents can keep up with him.

How is godaddy? Decent?

I might be one of the few that do not have a website, as I have not had the need. However, I think that I am going to do so, since I am offering some other life products.

Now, I do not know anything about building a website, except for the free goecities one I have for my son so my parents can keep up with him.

How is godaddy? Decent?

You should check into bluevoda for your website. You can download all the graphics and templates you want and design the site yourself. Real easy. Even a non computer guy like myself can have something up. I'll be done with mine in a few weeks. Did I mention it's free and they offer hosting that rivals godaddy.

What are you going to use as your domain name? And do they charge for that?

Yahoo Geocities will do hosting for $9 a month with my domain name, email address (ex [email protected]) and very easy to use (works like Microsoft word). Is that reasonable?

I am looked at bluevoda and if it does all that I am all for it.

Back