Equity Index Annuity the best ?

There are a lot of smart people in this thread and all over this forum. What could have been a great debate and exchange of information, has turned into very personal attacks.

I have had a couple of run-ins, but I have never thought of hurting anyone or hurting their business. Everyone has a family.

If someone disagrees with me, it doesn't make them my enemy. It just makes for good conversation and/or debate.

Peace

What could have been a good discussion, turned ugly. Assumptions and casual conversations turned into hard and fast facts. Thank you for your common sense.

I understood the point dannydad was making and I agreed with his premise if given the benefit of hindsight. He made a bunch of assumptions and jumped to the conclusion that the clients would never take advantage of the Indexing strategies. The clients may in the future change to one of the Index Strategies, which they have the option to do so annually for the life of the contract, not so with a Fixed only annuity. Either product does what it needs to do to protect the customer and only at the end and with the benefit of hindsight will we know which choice was best.

Last edited:
Since you brought it up, let me update the issue.

Because you claimed you turned me into the DOI, my lawyer wanted the site vetted by a "recognized" expert in prep for whatever civil action, if any, she is going to suggest with respect to you.

All your posts here and to every other board on the net is being compiled. These things take time. I don't think any civil action can (or should) be taken against you... unless you have deep pockets... which I doubt, but I'll wait to see what she suggests before I make a final decision.

Your postings in the "Question about a shotgun" thread suggesting I commit suicide has raised a lot of interest this morning such that she thinks all your posts should be sent to the law enforcement authorities for profiling. She thinks you could be the next Virginia Tech killer.

I told her she was exaggerating, that you are just a web-board wise-guy venting some steam, but I was surprised how many people she told me have made postings about violence on the web and have later done something reprehensible.

You really stirred up a hornets nest. Sam told me Sunday that he would honor a court order to 'out' you and my lawyer told me this morning that with your postings suggesting suicide that she can easily get one... although if she turns this over to the feds, it would be their case, not ours.

Personally, I don't want any of this but she thinks you are dangerous and as an officer of the court she sees a responsibility of some kind here to protect the public.

You've cloaked yourself quite well. We've not been able to identify "dannysdad."

At first I thought it was the guy here having some "fun" like he did when he took the identity of "pre-paid-legal" to post here. (I won't "out" him but his mistake was using the same "birthday" on both public profiles on this board.)

Sam has told me he would safeguard your identity (until a court order) but he said you are definitely NOT that other guy... and I agree. That guy is not cloaked and would never go so far as to request someone to kill themselves.

But someone here has... and from my private mail a lot of people think that person went too far.

I don't think anything will come of it as a civil case... me vs. you... but if she sends your posts to the FBI or homeland security, it's way, way out of my hands.

If she thinks, as an officer of the court that you are what she calls a "clear and present danger" (not sure what she means by that) there is nothing I can do to stop her.

I respectfully suggest that you talk with your own lawyer for advice before this spins out of control for you... perhaps for both of us.

The one thing in your favor is that the feds move like snails so you (and your lawyer?) have plenty of time to figure out what you will want to do or say... if anything.

I have to admit, you have me a bit un-nerved. It has been almost ten years since I received something that might resemble a veiled death threat. I don't feel as safe today as I felt before you posted this suicide thing. You sure got MY attention... along with that of a bunch of others.

I don't know why you wanted to go there... and maybe it is important we find out in case you are indeed dangerous. Like I say, I just don't know.

I've written a lot of dumb, stupid things in my 45+ years as a writer (starting on my high school newspaper,) but never that someone should be hurt or killed. Those are boundaries you just don't cross... ever.

Al

Thanks for the chuckle.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
..and if you had not made assumptions you would know that my clients are choosing not to participate in the Indexed strategies because of concerns about the economy, not because of my 'putting' them anywhere. They have the option to move into the Index Stratgies each year, but all the bad news and predictions of bad things coming have kept them, by their choice, in the Fixed side. My customers for the last year or two that have chose not to participate in the Index have made 'only' the Fixed Interest, but they have the option and my annual review to educate them to the possibilities of the Index strategies in the years to come.

You were looking to pick a fight and prove a point based on your misconceptions and attitude. I apologize for any part I may have played in your misunderstanding. I always do what is best for my clients based on their individual situation and goals. Your name calling and history of wishing death on those who don't agree with your preconceptions and misconceptions speak volumes to your character and rationalization of information. I only wish I were as ethical and knowledgeable as you think you are.

Did you know that if people are in the "index strategies" and the index loses money, they will still get the minimum guarantee? By NOT using doing so, you cheat them out of an opportunity to beat the minimum in rising years. Either you are a fool or you are dishonest. I'm starting to think it's the former.

Last edited:
Did you know that if people are in the "index strategies" and the index loses money, they will still get the minimum guarantee? By NOT using doing so, you cheat them out of an opportunity to beat the minimum in rising years.

I think it would be more accurate to call it "minimal" guarantee.

What could have been a good discussion, turned ugly. Assumptions and casual conversations turned into hard and fast facts. Thank you for your common sense.

I understood the point dannydad was making and I agreed with his premise if given the benefit of hindsight. He made a bunch of assumptions and jumped to the conclusion that the clients would never take advantage of the Indexing strategies. The clients may in the future change to one of the Index Strategies, which they have the option to do so annually for the life of the contract, not so with a Fixed only annuity. Either product does what it needs to do to protect the customer and only at the end and with the benefit of hindsight will we know which choice was best.

Patch, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on your integrity. I really think the problem is that you don't really understand how the product works.

Thanks for the chuckle.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Did you know that if people are in the "index strategies" and the index loses money, they will still get the minimum guarantee? By NOT using doing so, you cheat them out of an opportunity to beat the minimum in rising years. Either you are a fool or you are dishonest. I'm starting to think it's the former.

You make a lot of assumptions. I tried to make peace. Go ahead, wish me dead, like everyone else you disagree with. You get the last word, as inaccurate and asinine as it will be.

You make a lot of assumptions. I tried to make peace. Go ahead, wish me dead, like everyone else you disagree with. You get the last word, as inaccurate and asinine as it will be.

Assumptions? I haven't made any assumptions...I've highlighted facts!

Why do you want me to wish you dead?

Assumptions? I haven't made any assumptions...I've highlighted facts!

Why do you want me to wish you dead?

lol. You're such a jackass.

Of 63 posts you have made, not one is informative or helpful. You have attained knighthood in the Order of the Trolls.

What a joke.

:D:D:D

Back