Facebook Idea That Will Help Your Grow Your Business.

It took me about 10 mins to start a group. Then I added some of my friends and started asking others to join.

I buy a lot of stuff from these groups. It is better than Craigslist to me.

You dont have to spend a lot of time doing it. You can also add other admins to your group. I think I add 2 other people to help me with mine.

The trick is to also not over spam your own group. But I'm building a lot of friendships from people in the groups.
Gotcha. I will diffinatly look into this. I havent seen any of these where I live. Thanks

Thanks, Mark! Since I am a business insurance agent, I set up a group titled, 'You Know You Are a Business Owner in NJ if...' Basically, I'm looking for a bunch of NJ Business Owners to join the group. There was a group for my hometown awhile back that was, "You're Probably From Woodbury if..." and it blew up so I'm hoping this will do the same thing. I also started a 'Buy, Sell & Trade' one like yours for my county. I want to see which one generates the most leads over time. You may want to set up a 'You're Probably from Griffin, GA if...' group as well and see which one does better.

Thanks again for the idea. Do you mind if I write about it on my insurance marketing blog? :biggrin:

Best of luck to you as always! :yes:

The buy, sell and trade would be better. People go there looking for goods and services.

The buy, sell and trade would be better. People go there looking for goods and services.

I agree more people will probably come to the buy, sell and trade one but, for me, I want to target business owners so I wanted to create something just for business owners to frequent. I'll keep you posted on how the members vs new clients numbers come out...

hey, NJ lady, is it true worker's comp is not required in NJ? when I went to my P&C lass here in TX, they told me the two states out of all 50 where it's not required are TX and NJ. But I never confirmed the NJ thing. Anyway, carry on, nice website, sorry for the hi-jack, and good idea with facebook.

You sir, are a genius. I took your idea, put it into action this afternoon, and now have a group with about 700+ members!! I haven't put any personal ads in yet, just being administrative and helpful to new members...but people love this!! God bless you man!

another great idea! Thank you for sharing. My local town already has a Garage Sale Stuff group with almost 5K members. I am not sure if that would lower the response to joining another group

another great idea! Thank you for sharing. My local town already has a Garage Sale Stuff group with almost 5K members. I am not sure if that would lower the response to joining another group

There was already three Griffin GA groups when I started mine. I'm not at over 2100+ members. There is a new post just about every 20 mins. Lots of traffic.

Make sure to auto add your friends that would not mind you adding them. Take the link to the group and promote it. Ask the members to also add their friends.

Improve Your Experience | Facebook is my group to see as an example.

Improve Your Experience | Facebook is a group an agent started from this idea. 1181 members in about a week.

Improve Your Experience | Facebook is another example of an agent starting a group. He has 852 members in a short time. You can see his ad for is services on there also.

Back