Facebook Idea That Will Help Your Grow Your Business.

I'm not seeing how a group style format will get more insurance sales. If you auto opt in people they might get mad and have to opt out or be on the ignore list. I see a lot of companies using facebook groups for more of a hang out spot and a forum style format.

Last edited:
I have a fan page and a group page for my agency......

The trick is, with a fan page, they must like it. in a group, you can add them, if they want out, then they have to remove themselves.........

So you can add ALOT of people to the group page without their permission,

But adding people to a group will piss some people off

I have a fan page and a group page for my agency......

The trick is, with a fan page, they must like it. in a group, you can add them, if they want out, then they have to remove themselves.........

So you can add ALOT of people to the group page without their permission,

But adding people to a group will piss some people off
I agree...I started a group page but didn't add everyone I know. Hopefully, it will pick up steam. My fear is being too in your face and becoming that guy who sells insurance. Maybe I'm passive when it comes to business with friends. Let them know what I do, and let them come to me...meanwhile, cold call the hell out of strangers!

Most of my friends love to buy, sell, and trade. I auto added 1,000 of my friends. SO far, not one has PM me and complain and if they dont like the group, it is very easy to click on the big x to be removed.

Another 1200 people have join the group in the last 2 weeks.

I'm even becoming addicted to the buying stuff from the group. You have to keep an eye on the group, or you will not be the 1st person to contact them for the deal. I bought 3 things over the weekend.

Improve Your Experience | Facebook is the group I started about 3 weeks ago. Look at my example. There is another 29 agent groups that have started from the idea that I'm tracking. Improve Your Experience | Facebook is another example Improve Your Experience | Facebook is another one.

We are all having success placing ads in our groups, and branding ourselves. We are our best product. These groups keep great traffic. Just look at the examples.

If you dont want to auto add anyone, then dont. I'm going to add a domain name to redirect to my group soon.

So you are using the group to sell tables, chairs and etc.

Not Insurance?

I think it's a great alternative from craigslist.

Yes, I've sold a couple of things on there. Just sold the cmas tree.

It is kind of like that old thing call the newspaper. There would be ads in there for people selling stuff and also ad for people promoting their services. I also put ad in it for my services and also allow other people to promote their services in there. I just called the man that had the ad for pressure washing to come work on my house.

hey, NJ lady, is it true worker's comp is not required in NJ? when I went to my P&C lass here in TX, they told me the two states out of all 50 where it's not required are TX and NJ. But I never confirmed the NJ thing. Anyway, carry on, nice website, sorry for the hi-jack, and good idea with facebook.

Sorry for the delay...just saw this. It's true if you are willing to take that liability into your own hands. Also, if you are LLC you can choose to opt out of worker's comp for yourself and just get it for your employees. If you are incorporated, you must have it for yourself and your employees if you decide to get it. But if I have a client who isn't interested in worker's comp, I always have them sign something saying I offered it but they decided not to get it at this time. We've had too many people try to sue us after their employee gets hurt on the job saying we didn't offer it. Now we make sure that there is no doubt that we did! :yes:

Yes, I've sold a couple of things on there. Just sold the cmas tree.

It is kind of like that old thing call the newspaper. There would be ads in there for people selling stuff and also ad for people promoting their services. I also put ad in it for my services and also allow other people to promote their services in there. I just called the man that had the ad for pressure washing to come work on my house.

I think this is a great idea. Although I think I may be missing the point. Your groups are all open to anyone wanting to buy, sell, or trade. Is there another way to brand this so that it's focuse only on professional services? I'm having a hard time figuring out how being a part of a virtual classifieds ad helps with insurance promoting....

I think this is a great idea. Although I think I may be missing the point. Your groups are all open to anyone wanting to buy, sell, or trade. Is there another way to brand this so that it's focuse only on professional services? I'm having a hard time figuring out how being a part of a virtual classifieds ad helps with insurance promoting....

We do allow services in my group. We have ads for painters, pressure washer, people looking for a job, etc.

So what methods do you use to promote your business?

Do you post statements about getting free quotes, etc.?

Back