Fact Finder Vs. Flip Chart FE Presentation...

I didn't ask for a definition of a flip chart. I asked you who makes them and who are these "most agents" you refer to that use them. Can you answer these questions

thanks
sherd

btw: "Reading is Fundamental"!!!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Actually Americo gives out a free memorial guide, flipchart, ...]

thanks for the info

They are usually supplied by FMO's, IMO's, agencies, insurance companies and sometimes the agents create them themselves.

That's true, but the only problem, in my opinion, with presentations that utilize "flip charts" (presentation books) or even videos, is that you are basically using the same presentation with everybody and different people require different approaches.

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying that you can't get sales using them. I just feel that most of these presentations doesn't allow you to interact effectively with the prospect and find out why they sent in the card or set up the appointment in the first place.

Plus, in my opinion, I feel that these types of presentation makes you come across like a "salesman" as opposed to an adviser who is asking them questions simply to get a better picture or understanding of their situation so that you can help them.

Most of the truly successful agents I have known over the years use some type of "canned" presentation... Some don't even realize that they do it.

In the case of the FE producers, the "presentation book" or the "flip chart" is simply a way to keep the interview on track leading in a logical order from fact finding to establishing a need to offering a solution to closing the sale. I have used presentation books over the years and have never found them so inflexible that they can't be adapted to different types of prospects. However, I am there to make a final expense sale and therefore the presentation is geared to that aspect of the business.. it focuses on what they want to happen in the event of their death.. Burial expenses paid, final medical expenses, etc. along with are there any charities of relatives they want to leave a legacy gift. I am not there trying to find out about their health insurance, car insurance. As far as finding out why they sent the card in, that is part of the warm up and is handled before you even open the "flip chart".. JD is a "pro" when it comes to asking about the "why"..

BTW.. I am a salesman..Don't know why everybody wants to known as an advisor.. An advisor is paid a fee.. I don't get paid unless I sell.

Last edited:
"Your Presentation", "high horse" - What are you talking about?

Did I say that everybody uses a flip chart style presentation?...

"Reading is Fundamental"!!!

kwammy kid........

no presentation will sell the policy, THE AGENT SELLS THE POLICY.

A presentation will help, get your facts straight:swoon:

kwammy kid........

no presentation will sell the policy, THE AGENT SELLS THE POLICY.

A presentation will help, get your facts straight:swoon:

True: the presentation, flip chart, etc. is nothing more than a "tool" but in the hands of a master craftsman (salesman / agent) it will perform magnificently..

Actually Americo gives out a free memorial guide, flipchart, dvd-commercial, and a slide rate book.
I haven't used it myself, but it looks nice. I just use laminated sheets I use that illustrate various things i.e. increasing costs of funerals, other final expenses to think about, list of companies I shop for them, typical funeral/cremation/cemetery costs, and a caution page that explains plans whose rates increase or plans cancel.
Its a learning experience for them...

I'd be scared to use a "sales system" from a company. I'll let them be the company and I'll be the agent.

I've known a few people who use flop charts for insurance primarily in the 403b world and do quite well with them but a lot of your teachers are visual and used to visual aides. Maybe it comes with the territory IDK. Seen a couple of reps who use one chart if that and just tell the prospect to sign here "you need this" and do well too. It just boils down to doing what works for you. Telling someone to sign here unless you want to eat cat food when you retire never sat well with my style but that rep wrote over 500 annuities his first year so God bless him.

I'd like to see a final expense flip chart if someone had one to share. I've seen one before but it was not at all impressive. Didn't do anything for me anyway.

I didn't ask for a definition of a flip chart. I asked you who makes them and who are these "most agents" you refer to that use them. Can you answer these questions

thanks
sherd

btw: "Reading is Fundamental"!!!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Actually Americo gives out a free memorial guide, flipchart, ...]

thanks for the info

Obviously, you don't know how the posting system in this forum works, as I was not responding to your post - so please save the sarcasm!

I've known a few people who use flop charts for insurance primarily in the 403b world and do quite well with them but a lot of your teachers are visual and used to visual aides. Maybe it comes with the territory IDK. Seen a couple of reps who use one chart if that and just tell the prospect to sign here "you need this" and do well too. It just boils down to doing what works for you. Telling someone to sign here unless you want to eat cat food when you retire never sat well with my style but that rep wrote over 500 annuities his first year so God bless him.

I'd like to see a final expense flip chart if someone had one to share. I've seen one before but it was not at all impressive. Didn't do anything for me anyway.

I think I would use one to if I were dealing with 401K's and 403B's and such.

The reason you've never seen a impressive flipchart for FE is because there's nothing in there that the client doesn't already know (friends that have died, family, etc). At the ages that final expense are sold, they've experienced these things, they understand them already, you just have to find out where they might have a hole.

I feel a flip chart presentation detracts from making a real connection with the potential client. You and the client spend too much time looking at the chart and miss the emotional part and eye contact that just "talking" to someone engenders. Selling final expense has a great deal of emotion and connection to the client. Miss that and it will make selling this product much more difficult. Work on making your presentation natural and conversational and forget the crutch that a flip chart is.

Just my 2 cents.

Back